Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Eggcessories and tools

Options
shubydoobydo
shubydoobydo Posts: 115
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hello All,

I have had my egg for just over a week and LOVE it! My birthday is coming up and I want to know what kind of tools and eggcessories I should ask for. I would like to upgrade my tools as well as get the hotplate thing. What else should I ask for? Thanks!

Comments

• Semolina Pilchard
    Options
    I highly recommend a Thermapen.
    When you say hotplate, do you mean the plate setter for indirect cooking? I have one and it works very well, but if I had to do it over again I believe I would go with a pizza stone on the spider from CeramicGrillStore.com.
    A leave in the meat remote thermometer is great for cooking big chunks of meat such as a brisket or pork butt.
    If you have not done so yet, got to The Naked Whiz's site and drink it all in.
    Happy egging.
  • Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    Options
    I second that. All of it.

Or if you have some big spenders, a mini is freekin awesome. :woohoo:
  • Slotmercenary
    Options
    Greetings,
    My standard answer to this question is "One of each." An EGG is like any other hobby/habit, you will ALWAYS see something in the most remote circumstances and your first thought will be, How can I use that on the EGG?
    The most important thing to get is a place or cabinet to store all of your egg toys in. LOL
    Happy Hunting!
  • claycamp
    Options
    I've had my egg for 3 months. have place setter, raised grill, pizza stone & thermapen

if I could only have one it would be the thermapen, next the place setter
  • shubydoobydo
    Options
    Thank you all for the responses! I definitely agree that I will probably end up buying one of each!