Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Marinating Brisket?

ATXATX Posts: 98
edited 4:54PM in EggHead Forum
Hey everyone. I was thinking of doing a brisket this coming weekend and thought of marinating it in some Shiner Bach beer for a day or two before I rub it and throw it on the egg. Does anyone have any experience in marinating brisket? Suggestions on time? Is it even worth the hassle?
Thanks in advance.
·

Comments

• Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,342
    Howdy ATX. I really don't think marinating in beer is going to buy you much flavor wise. Injecting a reduced beef broth will actually get some flavor (and salt) into the meat.

But still, a good dose of rub is really all you need. Brisket has a lot of flavor on its own.

Happy brisketeering.
    Chris
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    ·
  • ATX,

I've tried marinating brisket a couple of times, and while you can definitely taste it, it doesn't make a huge difference. I've decided to forgo the additional time and expense of marinading, and don't bother anymore.

-John
    ·
  • ATXATX Posts: 98
    Cool, thanks for the input. Think I'll keep things simple skip the marinade & load up on the rub.
    ·
    Thanks for the input. Gonna KISS and skip the marinade.
    ·
    OK, so one more question. If I get the brisket tonight would it be ok in the fridge until Friday when I plan on putting it on the egg? (I'll probably rub it on Thursday and let the rub soak in overnight)
    ·
  • tjvtjv Posts: 3,333
    drink the shiners while injecting the brisket. brisket is just to dense, injecting is a much better way. watch out for the injectors with holes up the needle, it's easy to spray the kitchen walls.

anybody tell ya, you look like a young clint eastwood......LOL

tom
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
    ·
  • FidelFidel Posts: 10,168
    Yes.
    ·