Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

bbq sauce poll question

fuhgedabouditfuhgedaboudit Posts: 24
edited 5:35AM in EggHead Forum
Please list your favorite 'all around' jarred bbq sauce. I'm ready to try something new!

• Famous Dave's Sweet and Spicy. I know, it's a chain brand, but I like it. :)
  • Blues Hog.

Nothing else comes close for pork or chicken.
  • NoVA BillNoVA Bill Posts: 3,005
    My house sauce is Sweet Baby Rays. For special kick it up a notch Qs I like Carnivore (all recipes).
  • Sweet Baby Rays Raspberry Chipotle is also good
  • hornhonkhornhonk Posts: 3,841
    Head Country. Out of Oklahoma. Great stuff.
  • KokemanKokeman Posts: 816
    sweet baby rays
  • Bone Sucking
    Blues Hog
  • Sweet Baby Ray's Honey Sweet and Sticky Finger's Carolina Sweet.
  • Without a question Carnivore Chipoltle. Second is Carnivore Robust.

Caledon, ON

• Blues Hog I'm looking at my supply right now. I could almost go into the retail business. Made a recent trip to Perry Missouri and stocked up.
  • For all around, I would say Head Country but on ribs, my absolute favorite is "Blues Hog". If I am cooking for a group I go cheap and use the Sweet Baby Rays. I am really fortunate to have a H.E.B. store right down the street. So far they have every brand listed on this thread.
  • Except Carnivore. I have used it but not quite in my top 4 or 5.
  • jagweedjagweed Posts: 188

i don't care who makes it, no one makes a better sauce than the one you make at home. maybe the answer is a cop-out, but honestly, i can't remember the last time i bought a jar of a buck's worth of ingredients for $4.
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,587
    Depends on what I'm gonna put it on.Carnivore robust or Blues Hog TN Red,If I really wanna show out I mix em! :woohoo: :whistle:
    well. you know...

i spoke too soon. simply based on word of mouth, if i were gonna try a jarred sauce, it'd be one of those two, or both.

..but as for the ones available when walking down the aisle of a grocery store? nah. no thanks.
    ;) I must concur,ketchup,molasses and chili pepper! :whistle:
    just don't let anyone see you squirting the ketchup into the bowl. they just don't unnerstan'
  • I used a new one on ribs and it was OUTSTANDING. Everyone raved about it.

Called Apple Butter BBQ from Gotta Gourmet. I got it at our best meat market in town. Their website is and maker is Gourmet Online, Inc., Noblesville, IN 46060.

San Diego
    Judy in San Diego
  • Blues Hog at the moment. Great stuff.
  • cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,407
    There is no way I could answer that without a discussion. I do like the brands that are listed.
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
    B) Got it! :whistle:
  • Blues Hog with out question!

• MaineggMainegg Posts: 7,787
    We love the Carnivore Chipoltle. Second is Carnivore Robust. And the sweet is good too. then homemade LOL
  • Made in Oklahoma ----> Sweet Spirit Medium or Head Country
  • Sweet Baby Rays is my favorite store bought sauce.
  • RRPRRP Posts: 16,791
    my house sauce is homemade Wild Boar sauce that's hard to beat for all around uses. Then for purchased sauces I'm partial to Blue's but recently have taken to another product of Missouri called Sticky Pig. While their regular sauce is similar to Blue's their Jalapeno Sauce is spoon eating good!
    Dunlap, IL
  • RoudyRoudy Posts: 431
    For the wife and kids: Blues Hog
    For me: Carnivore Robust :woohoo:
  • It's a tie between Gates and Hillsdale Hot BBQ sauce.