Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What kind of desserts do you make on the the EGG?

Options
EGGARY
EGGARY Posts: 1,222
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
A lot of post on steaks, butts, chicken,but not a lot on desserts.

What desserts have you all made that you really liked ?

Comments

• vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Options
    Cobblers, grilled fruit, rum cake, brownies, cookies & bananas foster are a few of the ones I have done...Desert Filly's rum cake recipe is killer
    ... :woohoo: :laugh:
  • Desert Oasis Woman
    Options
    :woohoo: gonna try Desert Filly's Rum Cake :woohoo:
  • vidalia1
    Options
    DOW,

Did Kim make it in Denver? It is good when I make it but Kim makes it the best....yummy...
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    blueberry turnovers, icecream bread, hard to beat just grilled pineapple with butter, brown sugar and a hot spicey rub. im not much into desserts but grilled pineappole is good and sliced icecream bread for breakfast is great :)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • BayouMark
    BayouMark Posts: 284
    Options
    You can make about any thing that you can bake, broil or fry. Start simple but I have done NY cheesecake to peach cobbler, to banannas foster on my egg. Grilled pineapple slices with a pich of cayenne and cinnamon are killer. Dizzy pig makes Pineapple Head for fruit grills. Let your imagination go wild. ;)
  • Desert Oasis Woman
    Options
    Yes, Kim,

She and Randy flew in without any problems, this time, and cooked a bunch of wonderful food with their extended family next to CWM's where I hung out as "helper," so I got to take "tutorial" pics, which I hope to download tonight. Careful, you may try to eat your 'puter screen :silly:

:) Desert Filly also gave me the spot as "replacement sous chef" for the cake :woohoo: since Spring Hen wasn't there :unsure: .

Desert Filly and AZRP have a great group of family members, all of whom can COOK on the BGE! Maybe that's why she keeps winning them :whistle:
  • Fruit cobbler or crisp is super-easy. Just peel & slice an apple, peach, nectarine, plums, or use fresh blueberries, raspberries,etc. Put the fruit into an appropriately sized dish. Mix together equal parts softened butter & brown sugar, stir in enough quick-cooking oats to make a crumbly topping and sprinkle over the fruit. Bake until topping is lightly browned & fruit is tender.

On a similar tack: fruit galette. Combine fresh or frozen berries with a few tbs bread crumbs, chopped nuts, and sugar. Pile fruit onto the center of a rolled-out pie crust and loosely fold up about 2" of the edges toward the center. Sprinkle the folded up edges with sugar. Bake (indirect, on a stone, as pie crust tends to burn) until the fruit is bubbly & pastry is browned.
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Options
    There are some good ones on the cook book here on the forum :0 but here are some I have done :)
    Picture1045.jpg
    fesh Pita bread
    [img size=620][/img]cinnbunsSmall.jpg
    cinnimon rolls
    039.jpg
    047.jpg
    chocolate volcano cakes
    Picture637Small.jpg
    apple pies
    Picture804Small.jpg
    crackers
    PINWHEELS.jpg
    pesto pinwheels
    Picture939-1.jpg
    tons more :) cobblers are an easy way to start. just make sure you are to temp good and solid and that the smoke is CLEAR.
    IMG_6817.jpg
    rhubarb custard
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I have yet to try fruit, but I have done blueberry and Peach pies and they have been great!!
  • emilluca
    emilluca Posts: 673
    Options
    Pineapple or apple upside downn cake in a 12 inch iron skillet
  • Jersey Doug
    Options
    Often when I do an indirect cook that finishes up at dinnertime I quickly make up a batch of Betty crocker gingerbread cake mix and cook it in an 8" square ceramic baking pan. It's great to have on hand for snacks.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    forgot about baked apples, dont have a pic but i use one of these apple baking dishes. butter, raisins, cinimon, cerial, sugar. baked apples are good, never had them as a dessert, just have made them for dinner. :) heres what the dish looks like, im sure theres other ways to prepare them
    http://www.massbaytrading.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=CREP1053&Affiliate=FRG
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • vidalia1
    Options
    Oh yeah baked apples stuffed with mini milky way bars...mmmmmmm :silly:
  • irishrog
    irishrog Posts: 375
    Options
  • Crimsongator
    Crimsongator Posts: 5,797
    Options
    Here is a pic of the banana bread we did in Ocala.

SpringBreak09238.jpg
  • Scott in Seattle
    Options
    One of the first things that I go back to, is the egg's simplicity and the simplicity that goes with the best eats. We tend to thing about cooking the beef and the ribs and the chicken. After dinner stuff is a whole another world.
    After a few years of not having the good sense to try a dessert on the egg, a week ago we tried just a simple grilled peach -- a bit of olive oil to keep it from sticking, about 20 minutes on the egg , then a brown sugar and rum sauce on plain vanilla ice cream.
    Hoooollllyye cow, Daddy never told me 'bout this. The smoke, the grill marks. Seattle shuttered for just a moment with the first taste.
    And home made ice cream would take it to a whole 'nother level.
    So, after 5-6 years with an egg, my lesson is still to start with the simple. The Egg will see you thru every time.
    scott
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    WOW!
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap