Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
April showers bring...National BBQ Month! Are you ready for a month full of briskets, pulled pork and chicken wings? We hope so, because it’s almost here! Keep an eye out for some of our favorite BBQ recipes we’ll be sharing with you throughout the month of May.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Dad is in a better place.

2»

Comments

• RaeboRaebo Posts: 47
    Sorry for your loss, we all know how you feel as most of us have or will be in your position.
    Just an observation.
    I contribute occasionally to this forum, but read the forum every day.
    This is one of the biggest responses I have seen on this forum.
    I'm so proud to be apart of this family of like minded folks who share a common interest, but who show their made of some pretty good stuff when people need help or a kind word would provide needed comfort.
    But for the grace of God go I.
    ·
  • Smut-buttSmut-butt Posts: 142
    Our prayers are with you and your family. I lost my Dad a year and a half ago; the good memories, family and friends are there for you. God be with you.
    Odessa, Fl.
    ·
  • Sorry to hear of your loss.
    ·
  • Eggerman1Eggerman1 Posts: 149
    You are a strong person and he lived a great life, time to celebrate what he had accomplished, he is in our prayers along with you and your family.

RIP
    ·
  • JeffersonianJeffersonian Posts: 4,244
    God bless him and you, Patti.
    ·
  • egretegret Posts: 4,028
    So sorry for you and family, Patti. I know how hard it is for you, but, he'll live on within each of you he touched in his lifetime. God bless you all......
    ·
  • CrimsongatorCrimsongator Posts: 5,716
    Our family is thinking about you tonight and will keep you in our thoughts this week.
    ·
  • Cpt'n CookCpt'n Cook Posts: 1,917
    Our heart is with you Patti.
    ·
  • B & CB & C Posts: 217
    I was deeply saddened to hear of your fathers' death. I have been following many of your posts and felt that I was with you thru some of his decline. I am sorry you have to be there alone to go through this. I also feel an empathy for you with my own father as he approaches 79 years old and I watch as he slows and declines, as do I too.

I hope that you will accept my most sincere sympathy and condolence. I truly hope that your memories of the happier moments will help ease your pain.. I will say another prayer for you and for your father.

Best Wishes,
    ·
  • We are sorry for your lose Patti, there is a time that we all go, are prayers are with you

Ross and Jackie
    ·
  • reelgemreelgem Posts: 4,256
    Patti, I am so sorry to hear of your loss.
    ·
  • rsmdalersmdale Posts: 2,472
    My thoughts are with you Patti,and God has a new friend.Cherish your memories with him and love the good tlmes you had.
    GOOD EATS AND GOOD FRIENDS

DALE
    ·
  • Grandpas GrubGrandpas Grub Posts: 14,226

Thank you for letting us know.

You have been great helping your dad. No one really knows unless they have been in your shoes themselves with the service you have given.

Our prayers go out to you and may you have peace in your life.

Kent & Shelagh.
    ·
  • Pattie

We are very sorry to here about your Dad, our thought and prayers to you and the whole family. Lost my Mom when she was very young but her memory's live with me.
    ·
  • Dear Patty, I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your father. May her rest in peace.

Faith
    Tampa
    ·
  • JLOCKHART29JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    I'm blessed to still have both of mine but they are really getting old and slowing down. Especially my Dad. My prayers are with you this morning.
    ·
  • You will be in our thoughts....
    The Naked Whiz
    ·
  • BENTEBENTE Posts: 8,337
    patti

sorry for your loss.

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

·
  • vidalia1vidalia1 Posts: 7,091
    Sorry to hear about your loss. Our prayers are with you.
    ·
  • Pattikake,
    We are very sorry that your Dad is no longer with you. Your devotion to his needs and your loving care is truly an inspiration to us all. Please take comfort in knowing you made his exit from this life an expression of your love for him. He knows it.
    DOW and Ku
    ·
  • I know that my Redeemer lives, and that in the end he will stand upon the earth.
    And after my skin has been destroyed, yet in my flesh I will see God;
    I myself will see him with my own eyes—I, and not another.
    How my heart yearns within me!

Job 19:25-27
    ·
  • Rib BonesRib Bones Posts: 449
    Patti,

Sorry to hear about your loss. You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers. May your memories be your comfort.
    ·
  • Lawn RangerLawn Ranger Posts: 5,466
    Patti:

I know it's tough. My best to you.

Mike
    ·
  • Sorry to hear of your loss, but as you say, he's in a better place.

I lost my mother on Aug. 30, 10 years ago.
    ·
  • rosrosrosros Posts: 408
    So sorry to hear. You have our condolences.
    ·
  • Patti,

So sorry to hear about your loss. While the journey of life must come to an end, the memories will last forever.

Tom

Tom

Charles is a mischevious feline who always has something cooking

Twin lbge's .. grew up in the sun parlor of Canada but now egging in the nation's capital

·
  • Misippi EggerMisippi Egger Posts: 5,095
    Patti,

Just now catching up from the weekend. I haven't read all the other posts, but I just wanted to say that even though the finality of his passing is so hard to accept, the time you gave to him during those last few weeks will stay with you (and him) forever. You are a very special person and will reap rewards in Heaven!

God Bless,
    ·