Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Overland Park, KS dealers??

Options
Mainegg
Mainegg Posts: 7,787
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
anyone have any idea of a dealer in this area? I did the zip code search on the Egg site but came up as nothing for 250 miles??? one of the teachers from our work shop last week is interested in an egg and I had hoped to recomend a good dealer for her to talk to...

Comments

• Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    Oklahoma Joes
    BBQ aand fireplace center
    there are plenty
  • Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    Call me in about an hour
    816-223-9925
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Options
    thanks Mike, I could not believe that nothing was showing up. I closed the site and reloaded twice to see if it was me??? weird. But she is interested and I knew there was a bunch of eggers out that way and someone would have a clue :)
    anyone special you would recommend? she has never even seen one LOL but I guess I talked about egging as much as I did hooking last week :blush:
  • Grand Oeuf Vert
    Options
    There is a BGE Dealer in Overland Park. I know that because I checked them out when I was there on business.
    Almost bought my Egg there but got scared when they would not gaurantee breakage during shipping to Canada. Decided to pay the higher Canadian price and get one intact.
    I can't remember the name of the place but I think it was on Strange Line Road.
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • Kansasegger
    Options
    There are several. The Kansas City BBQ Store right by Oklahoma Joes at 119th and Strang line. Backyard living at 79th and Metcalf. I would check those two out and price shop if you are looking to buy an egg. The KC bbq store has a great sauce selection and hardwoods. Another cool store but no egg, is Smoke and fire at 151st and 69 highway.

Happy egging
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    Daughter brought a used small there (I think) for $250
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap