Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Are you happy it’s finally National BBQ Month? While we like to BBQ year round, May is our favorite because the whole country is celebrating delicious food. If you’re new to cooking BBQ on your EGG, check out our Smoking Basics Publication...if not, proceed to some of our favorite recipes! We love Dr. BBQ’s Coffee Rubbed Brisket, Famous Dave’s Sticky Ribs and Virginia Willis’ Pulled Pork. Pair with this cheesy favorite for a winning way to start off May!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

GG/ Eggs in the Valley of the Sun

BordelloBordello Posts: 5,926
edited 8:12PM in EggHead Forum
O.K. GG,
Guess I won't be doing jerky soon, least not in the lg. :laugh: I took these about around 10:20 this morning ago.

Have a good laugh, :laugh:
Bordello
Some say I've been touched by he Sun :woohoo:

How un-lit Eggs do in the Valley of the Sun.

Sm. in the Shade
ColdEggs010.jpg

Med. in the Shade
ColdEggs009.jpg

Lg. in the Sun
ColdEggs008.jpg
·

Comments

• Grandpas GrubGrandpas Grub Posts: 14,226

:woohoo: I have had 140° but never 175°.

Come wintertime I would rather be there than here.

GG
    ·
  • OttawaEggOttawaEgg Posts: 283
    On the other hand..... you ARE approaching the sweet spot!

Get some ribs on there man!

LOL :woohoo:
    ·
  • Smokin' TSmokin' T Posts: 259
    I was going to do jerky but I guess it will have to wait. My medium reads about the same as yours (D
    mit!!!!! :angry: :angry: :angry:

Tom
    Dunedin,Fl.
    ·
  • RipnemRipnem Posts: 5,511
    Shoot, mine are reading 140 & 150 in the shade and it's 73* outside. So I think it may be a thermometer issue. I calibrate them at least once a month and turn that dial about 20-40 degrees everytime.

Still gotta get some a them Tel-Trus
    ·
  • BordelloBordello Posts: 5,926
    :laugh: I don't blame ya for wanting to be here then there. Here it is 100 outside but I like my ladies so I sit inside but do go out about every half hour to thaw out.

Here I am. :unsure:

BobatthePug100degreesout004.jpg
    ·
    When it's hot it's hot. Sorry for you disapointment but in time. :(

Regards,
    Bordello
    ·
    :woohoo: Ribs, if I can catch her I sure as heck will, and then some. :silly:

Cheers & Beers,
    Bordello
    ·
    I do the same but cal. em every second cook and I do all 4 even if I'm only using one Egg. Got the water boiling so why not. :)

Gotta watch em,
    Bordello
    ·
  • Grandpas GrubGrandpas Grub Posts: 14,226

Coat and cap and 100° outside. Plus that bottle opener in the hand. Great air conditioning inside. :)

So much for our cool streak. The weathergussers are now saying back up to the hundreds, dang. That's one good thing out here, it is easy to complain about the heat or cold.

GG
    ·
  • Clay QClay Q Posts: 4,418
    Impressive heat. :lol:
    What was it like in the sun? You could have cooked ribs all afternoon and not worry about the fire going out. :ohmy: B)
    ·
    In the sun it just plain old hot but if stick mostly to shade no so bad. :whistle:

I should have gone out around 4 p.m. and took another picture as that's about the hottest part of the day.

Hope you're having a good week,
    Bordello
    ·