Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

King crab legs

Options
disabledDK
disabledDK Posts: 64
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi to all![p]Going to get some king crab legs for Saturday. Fresh/frozen(if that makes sense?). The guy at the store said to steam them. Has anybody put them on the Egg?[p]Thanks, DK

Comments

• Chuck
    Chuck Posts: 812
    Options
    crab.jpg
    <p />DK,[p]I have done King Crab legs on the BGE several times and they are very good. I slit the shell first with some scissors then egg them at 275* for 12 minutes with a handfull of alder chips. I have some in the freezer that I'll probably do this weekend now that you have my mouth watering for them. Have a great night.[p]Chuck
  • disabledDK
    Options
    Chuck ,[p]That looks fantastic! Do you put them on still frozen?
  • Chuck
    Options
    DK,[p]I thaw them out some first. They don't need to be totally thawed but not frozen solid. Rinsing them in cool water thaws them pretty quick if you are in a hurry.[p]Chuck

• disabledDK
    Options
    Chuck,[p]Thank you. I'm sure they will be great.[p]Keep egging, DK

• Chuck ,
    This might be a stupid question, but hey, I live in a dessert.. Do you buy those already cooked and are just heating them up or do you buy them raw.. Ive seen them at the store but I thought they were always cooked..[p]
    Dylan

• Q.N.E. tyme ,[p]They quick cook them right on the dock up in Alaska... So yes, they are already cooked. The locals up there actually just eat them chilled.

• Chuck
    Options
    Q.N.E. tyme ,[p]They are already cooked, at least partially, but you do want to heat them up and add a little smoke and or spice. Give them a try if you like seafood. I think I would rather have King Crab then Lobster, although I do love lobster too. [p]Chuck