Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Went to Sams Club !!

Options
Ex-Gasman
Ex-Gasman Posts: 287
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Made a trip to Sams to get ribs. And oh well been wanting one for a while. Hope I get use out of it. Tried it on coffee beans, worked great.
2NDattemptribs006.jpg

Comments

• Misippi Egger
    Misippi Egger Posts: 5,095
    Options
    Gasser,

I think it now says so in the instructions, but I learned a long time ago to place a thin, 4-fold piece of paper towel in the bag between a wet food and the seal. Otherwise it will suck the juices into the vacuum and get a poor seal. I use the paper towel on meats, fish, scallops, etc. BTW, it also gives you a white area to write on for labeling.

You will wonder how you ever got along without it!
  • Slotmercenary
    Slotmercenary Posts: 1,071
    Options
    An easy way around the wet food thing is just prepare the bag then once you place the product inside freeze before you seal, works every time. you will love the utility of having a sealer
  • ILL--EGGER
    ILL--EGGER Posts: 478
    Options
    I recently bought one also and love it. Really makes keeping pulled pork "just pulled fresh" easy as you re-heat in the bag in boiling water. Won't loose any of moisture of the meat. Great purchase.
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Ex-Gasman,

You will wonder how you lived without it. Check out the vacuum marinater too. About twenty bucks and well worth it.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• FSUScotsman
    Options
    You are absolutely love it. I think I'm on the verge of wearing mine out. Here's your first off the wall tip: If you eat tortilla or potato chips, just stick the bag in there and hit the seal button. It seals the bag right back up and you have a totally sealed up bag again. I've had bags of chips for a couple of months that I've opened, sealed, then reopened that weren't stale. Pre-mixed salad bags can be done that way as well. It makes them last an extra three or four days.