Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Small BGE Accessories

GeoduckGeoduck Posts: 76
edited 10:48PM in EggHead Forum
Will the 12" BGE pizza stone work on a SBGE or does it not leave enough space for air flow??

Has anyone found a veggie basket that fits on the small? I want to be able to stir smaller pieces of veggies or shrimp rather than deal with skewers. Don't want a wok unless it's a wok with holes in it.

I have a plate setter, regular grill and a CI grill. Any other goodies for the small that you can think of??

(Also have: welding gloves, Thermapen & Maverick)
·

Comments

• Richard FlRichard Fl Posts: 7,875
    Look around and perhaps you will find a cast iron pan or aluminum to fit. Might have to have a handle cut off.
    ·
  • WingRiderWingRider Posts: 326
    Here are pics of one that I purchased either at Home Depot or Lowes. The holes are 3/8 or 1/2 inch. It comes with a folding handle that can be disassembled/discard the wood piece and use just the wire portion as a removable handle.
    P4050079.jpg

in a small BGE
    PA060008.jpg

The handle is in the upper right, this one is actually a little larger for my medium BGE
    P4050079.jpg
    HTH.
    ·
  • GeoduckGeoduck Posts: 76
    Perfect! Thanks.
    ·
  • Misippi EggerMisippi Egger Posts: 5,095
    Susan,

I just ordered the Grate Mates, Deluxe from "Chubby", a Forum member. His web site is down for the time being, but I can get you his number if you email me.

Here is a link to a good description on The Naked Whiz's web site:

http://www.nakedwhiz.com/productreviews/gratemates/gratemates.htm

I plan to use similar to the adjustable rig from the Ceramic Grill Store - elevated grid as well as indirect cooks or using a Wok.

I am eagerly awaiting its arrival - nope, just checked again and it's not here! :laugh:
    ·
    Another handle option is to discard the handle altogether and use the BGE grill gripper to manuver the pan.
    ·
    Eggcellent accessory for the small BGE. I have the short set in my small all of the time. Sometimes I use the longer set in my medium BGE which puts my grid level with the edge of the egg.
    ·
  • Goo-ey! Had a chance to try out the Salmon rub yet? Interested in your thoughts on it when ya do. :)
    ·
    Bought some but haven't tried it. Also got the steak and chicken rubs! Just got back from Seattle and will get to cookin this weekend. :P :P
    ·
    If I hadn't ordered the plate setter I definitely would get the Grate Mates. Is there any reason to have both?
    ·