Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Not happy with my ABTs

Options
mollyshark
mollyshark Posts: 1,519
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Made a tiny brisket just to cut up and use to stuff ABTs. Used cream cheese and not much spice since the brisket was spicy. Wrapped in bacon. They were...ok. I dunno. Should have been better. Any suggestions?

Oh yeah, also how do you get the brisket shred??? Mine hold together too well!

mShark

Comments

• Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    You might 'sauce' 'em to get some flavor, or maybe mix in some pork sausage. I'm sticking with my Little Smokie recipe.

You coming to Atlanta?

Spring "Primed And Registrated" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
    Put in foil with liquid an cook til it falls apart. ;)
  • BostonEggSox
    Options
    I swear by a 50/50 mix of good crab meat and cream cheese. Wrap them in bacon and season with your favorite rub. Cook until that bacon is crispy. As you know, there's a hundred ways to get there.
  • TXTriker
    TXTriker Posts: 1,177
    Options
    You might also not be as neat when deveining and deseeding your jalapenos. Miss a few seeds and veins for some added kick.
  • Bluecrab3
    Bluecrab3 Posts: 328
    Options
    Love mine with cream cheese and lil' smokies...DP Red Eye Express on top of the bacon....THE BEST.
  • rosros
    rosros Posts: 408
    Options
    I cut the cream cheese with creamy caesar dressing. This give a more creamy consistency that oozes/explodes when you bite into them.
  • Darnoc
    Darnoc Posts: 2,661
    Options
    Hoss is on the right track.Braise that meat in a foil pack for about 45 minutes with your favorite sauce and that should do it.Often I will cook a brisket with one can of cream of mushroom soup and one can of celery soup with some dried onion sprinkled on top and it is fantastic.Wet,juicy and fall apart meat.The soup gives you lots of gravy to put on the meat slices. Hope this gives you a little clue.
  • Grill Sergeant
    Options
    I like to use a combo of Cream Cheese, shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese, shredded Monteray Jack Cheese to stuff the peppers, wrap with Bacon. Enjoy !
  • mollyshark
    Options
    Dunno on Atlanta. I always tell myself no. It's such a zoo. But all my favorites peoples gonna be there this round! So maaaaybe. I'd like to talk E and L Sharks into coming so we can do the aquarium. Lemme see what we can do here! Not sure if I remember how to cook!
  • mollyshark
    Options
    Shoot, Hoss...I shoulda figured that. Kinda works with a pot roast under the same principle. Sometimes you get in a mindset, ya know? Thanks.
  • mollyshark
    Options
    That's my usual. Was trying to spread my wings. I think I'll clip the damn wings for a bit.

mShark
  • 407BGE
    407BGE Posts: 187
    Options
    Try using 50/50 cream cheese and goat cheese for a sharp bite.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Do you cook the meat first?
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• rsmdale
    rsmdale Posts: 2,472
    Options
    I like to mix three cheeses in my ABT's(cream,pepper jack and cojita.I also will chop some red onion and cilantro.

GOOD EATS AND GOOD FRIENDS

DALE
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    wrap it in foil at 180 and cook to 210/215 and it will pull. just a spritz of liquid in the foil will get you pulled beef, if you add too much liquid to the foil it will wash out some flavor, turn it to pot roast and lose the majic that makes a good brisket a brisket. it will also pull if you just continue cooking to 210/215 without the foil but it will be drier than desired, however it soaks up sauce well if you like it that way.
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it