Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Update

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Pulled everything out of the egg after after 22hrs, everthing went well.
I ended up with about 32pounds of Boston Butt after it was finished, turned out perfect.
One thing that surprised me was the amount of charcoal I used. Last night was the first time I have ever ran out of fuel on a overnight cook, had to unload the Egg and top it back up.
Got everything resting in the cooler until I get in a pig pulling chopping kind of mood.
Anyone wants pics of the Monster Cook let me know, dont know how to post on here.

Comments

• CR
    CR Posts: 175
    Options
    Driftpin, how much fuel did you actually use and what do you attribute the need for extra to?

• GrillMeister
    Options
    Driftpin,[p]Email them to me and I'll be glad to post them for you.[p]edkrach @ yahoo.com[p]Take the spaces out of my email before you click send.[p]Cheers,[p]Ed

Cheers,

GrillMeister
    Austin, Texas
  • CR,
    I used about nine pounds of Best of the West mesquite charcoal, done a lot of overnighters with it and never came close to running out.
    I topped it off last night as well as I could around 1 or 2am, pulled everything off this morning around 8am. I bet there is only half a handfull of charcoal left.
    I had a lot of meat in there that came right out of the fridge, maybe it just takes more BTU's with that much cold meat.

• GrillMeister,
    I sent the pics your way, thanks for the assist.

• CR
    CR Posts: 175
    Options
    Driftpin, that's what I was thinking. With that amount of meat offsetting the heat from the lump it just takes more to keep at temp. Kind of like driving a car uphill; the engine has to work a little harder to keep speed.[p]Thanks for the info. The pictures posted above look great.