Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

an idea for conserving lump?

Options
Harry
Harry Posts: 58
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I use my BGE for about all types of cooking, but find that I do a considerable amount of grilling stakes (can't find a restaurant that makes them as well). Obviously, getting that BGE up to 750 degs. and cooking the steak takes a fair amount of lump. While doing this the other day I wondered -- [p]What about putting one of the Weber carcoal grids under the fire ring and placing a limited amount of lump on top of that. That would obviously be a lot less lump than filling the BGE to the same level. (I like the hot lump to be just a few inches below the steak)[p]There would be room for a small layer of lump on that grill and then the normal BGE grill would be placed in its normal spot and then gril away.[p]I'm not sure if this would give a good enough flame or not. Anybody ever try such a thing?[p]Harry

Comments