Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Boston butt help

BrahmabullBrahmabull Posts: 50
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My temp got to 196 now it is down to 182. Do I need it to come back up to 195 or is it OK now?
·

Comments

• Grandpas GrubGrandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Meat or dome?

GG
    ·
  • BrahmabullBrahmabull Posts: 50
    Meat
    ·
  • Seattle ToddSeattle Todd Posts: 227
    I'm assuming you mean the meat temp fell. If so you're good to pull, wrap or rest and then literally pull the pork.

Getting it back up wouldn't help, may hurt the quality of the cook and there's no food safety issues at 182.

Todd
    ·
  • Grandpas GrubGrandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    If it is a bone in the bone should twist easily or use a fork to check for the butt being tender. If the meat is tender the pull off the egg and rest.

GG
    ·