Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Fedex just came, isn't she a beauty!!!

Options
Ex-Gasman
Ex-Gasman Posts: 287
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Friday 9:35 fedex is here, guess what I'm doing tonight.The 4/8lb butts are going to break this bad boy in. Wish me luck..........
eggpics006.jpg
eggpics007.jpg

Comments

• Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
    Nice!Timely too! ;)
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    Your gonna love it. The rig and spider are great. Your gonna wish you got the 14" drip pan also. I need to place that order before Tom runs out of them.
  • Ex-Gasman
    Options
    Are you talking about the 14 round. Yeah I wish I got it. I looked at a 14 deep dish pizza pan at Kitchen Collection but don't know if it will hold up. Is Toms made heavier?
  • BenCour
    BenCour Posts: 62
    Options
    Looks great and shiny. My Maverick is on it's way. Rig / Spider are definitely next on the list.
  • Misippi Egger
    Misippi Egger Posts: 5,095
    Options
    TOO CLEAN !

Needs an inaugural cooking, for sure!

Yes, Tom's 14" pan is definitely heavy duty aluminum. I also bought the 9x13 (?) rectangular pan and use it often.

A grid extender for my large, a couple of oval grids for the rig and a Woo2 for small are all on my "Wish List".

You will wonder how you even got along without the spider/AR pieces.

ENJOY !
  • NoVA Bill
    NoVA Bill Posts: 3,005
    Options
    Nice new toys, only problem with owning a medium is the limited no. of toys for it (there's a rainbow in there somewhere)

Good luck with the cook.
  • tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    Options
    Fedex does a great job. Kelsie, my daughter and VP shipping, knows how to pack 'em right. She is faster and better than me.

should make for a fun first cook. t
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • Ex-Gasman
    Options
    Thanks Tom, I will be ordering more stuff soon. Have a great 4th
  • tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    Options
    the 14 inch pans are gone, I can still get them but think it might get confusing carrying 13 and 14. 13 is a more conservative set-up (given fire ring ID) when using on the spider for two grid cooks. heck, maybe 13, 14, 15 and 16 for the large. The pans are 14 gauge aluminum.

Funny thing, I have a golfing buddy who runs a spinning company, makes tank heads. With is stock dies, he can make round pans out of 14 gauge stainless sheet stock but a one inch deep pan weighs over 4 pounds. I told him I wasn't looking to build a water tower.....He said, if you were talk to my brother, our fort worth plant can form 1 inch stick steel. LOL
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • ranchonodinero
    Options
    I've used the heck out of my rig-last night it was to hold a second pizza stone-I have teenagers and one pie at a time just won't cut it. Worked like a champ-used the rig to hold the diffuser, then the cross bars to hold a stone, then a rack and 2nd stone on top.