Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Salmon on the Small

Options
Pepper Monkey BBQ
Pepper Monkey BBQ Posts: 652
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
A simple cook tonight ... corn in the husk, then we turned that into our own version of Mexican street corn. Simple rub on the salmon as well as some brown sugar smoked over pecan chips ... add in a salsa of avocado, pineapple, jalapenos, red onion and lime juice ... a side of beans and rice and its a dang good impromptu salmon meal! It was going to be fish taco night but we changed it up as we prepped.

SalmonMexicanCorn.jpg

Comments

• lilaccityhearth
    Options
    Do you have the recipe for the mexican street corn!!! That looks great.
  • Pepper Monkey BBQ
    Options
    Well ... we made it up tonight on our own ... all we did is mix 1 part mayo with 2 parts plain yogurt and slather it on the corn (we went lightly with this ... I've seen it coating the corn to the point where you can't see the corn). We then sprinkled parmesan cheese on it because it is what we had on hand (suppose to use cojita cheese I think). We sprinkled cayenne over it as a finishing touch.

To cook the corn I peel the husk back, pull out the silk, coat with olive oil, pull the husks back up to protect the corn, and cook direct at about 325 for 30 minutes with a flip in the middle.

Joel
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,533
    Options
    Yummy looking meal there Joel, wanna trade for some pork loin slices? also, how about apple wood chunks for pecan? :P
    canuckland
  • wannaegg
    wannaegg Posts: 31
    Options
    Wow, that all looks great and I'm sure it was! The corn....what gives it the white color? Did I miss something? I'm an Iowa guy originally and hold corn near and dear my heart, but to me, it is lost among your other wonderful items. Wow again I say.
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Great cook you all came up with! Wish I was there to share!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Pepper Monkey BBQ
    Options
    I'm an Iowa guy myself ... the corn could be a meal on its own! We take what we can get here in MD ... this time of year it is pretty good. The white is a mix of plain yogurt and mayo sprinkled with cheese ... that's what makes it the 'mexican street corn' ...... but starting out it was just plain old yellow corn.