Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

RIBS

MontyMonty Posts: 1
edited 1:39AM in EggHead Forum
Just bought a green egg. Any good recipes / suggestions for ribs?
·

Comments

• CrimsongatorCrimsongator Posts: 5,720
    I prefer St. Louis cut ribs. I cook them around 250-275 indirect. Dizzy dust goes well on ribs. They will take 4 hours or so depending on the rack at this set-up.
    ·
  • BordelloBordello Posts: 5,926
    Hi Monty,
    Welcome, I suggest you type in Ribs in the search box at the top of the page. There ar 45 pages of post on ribs

Hope that helps, I don't do a lot of them but others may chime in.

Cheers,
    Bordello
    ·
  • TomM24TomM24 Posts: 1,364
    Alot of us here use Car Wash Mikes method. It works for me.
    http://playingwithfireandsmoke.blogspot.com/2002/06/baby-back-rib-class.html
    ·
  • Car Wash MikeCar Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    I have dabbled a little with baby backs. :woohoo: :ohmy: Shoot me an e-mail if you want me to open up the rib hot line. It will be open all weekend of the 4th.

Mike
    ·