Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

??? How to hard boil an egg

Options
2»

Comments

• bitslammer
    bitslammer Posts: 818
    Options
    I do a 2 min boil followed by a 10 min rest then the ice bath, and I always stir my eggs while boiling so the yolk is set in the center of the egg. This is really helpful when making deviled eggs. It gives you nice sturdy whites to use.

Here's my "Dragon's Eggs"

I use Chipotle Tabasco or similar sauce with finely diced Jalapenos or Serranos in the yolk mixture. These eggs it back but you don't feel it coming until it's too late. :evil:

_DSC0052-2.JPG
  • Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Options
    Nice looking eggs and I bet they are great tasting.
    I use miracle whip, salt, pepper, Tabasco, horse radish, vinegar, Mrs. Dogs disappearing mustard, finely chopped green onion and a piece of sliced black olive on to. Oh, don't want to forget the paprika on top.

Yum

Cheers,
    Bordello
    Boiling egg now
  • johann
    johann Posts: 111
    Options
    I could eat the whole plate!

Here we use liberal TJ's wasabi mayo, and then maybe cayenne or paprika depending on who's showing up for the red topping.