Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chugging away

Options
cookn biker
cookn biker Posts: 13,407
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Last of the pork for the not so weelads graduation.
graduationcookandsomemore032.jpg
Great to have this good downpour!! Day two of it. Helps my white trash yard/weeds. :)
Molly
Colorado Springs
"Loney Queen"
"Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE

Comments

• Panhandle Smoker
    Panhandle Smoker Posts: 3,018
    Options
    I will be doing the same thing this week for my graduate last of the litter. He will graduate Friday night. I will smoke the brisket Monday or Tuesday so I can have some burnt ends for CWM beans to get cooked Friday with the butts.
  • PhilsGrill
    PhilsGrill Posts: 2,256
    Options
    Need to buy a bigger rain cap. Try the 8" one, it allows the top to swivel inside.
  • cookn biker
    Options
    Sounds good. For how many? I gotta try those beans. So much to cook...
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
  • cookn biker
    Options
    Thanks Phil. That was bought for the medium. Had to scramble to find it. I'll have to get another for the large.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • Desert Oasis Woman
    Options
    :lol: at least you have some grass!!
  • Beanie-Bean
    Beanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
    Options
    Molly,

Great hat on the metal top! I was also cooking in the rain this evening, albeit under a covered porch. But, the rain was still hitting the egg and the deck.
  • edbro
    edbro Posts: 300
    Options
    I stared at that pic quite a while trying to figger out how you had a 2 level side tray. Okay, I'm slow but now I know there are 2 eggs.
  • cookn biker
    Options
    Haha,that's funny!! Puzzle solver. :)
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • AnnaG
    AnnaG Posts: 1,104
    Options
    If it helps, I had the same thought... The support from the chair made it look like it was an extension from the initial egg mate... Glad I wasn't the only one... :blush:

Molly, how are things lookin?
  • Panhandle Smoker
    Panhandle Smoker Posts: 3,018
    Options
    I am cooking for about 70. He and the buds have a beach house for the week and Saturday is their BBQ and grad party. :)
  • cookn biker
    Options
    Very good. This is a smooth ride tonight despite the rain. Thanks for asking. I'm tempted to take pics but don't want to jinx it.
    Cooking tonight?
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • AnnaG
    AnnaG Posts: 1,104
    Options
    Not tonight... Was planning to do a ham tomorrow, but I didn't get my Pineapple Head Rub in the mail... Guess I will do ribs tomorrow with potatoes. Was planning on fresh corn as well, but things have been so wet, they haven't been able to get in and pick them...

You are becoming the pork butt queen!!! I will have to hit you up for advice when I try to do my first one...