Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It feels as though we’ve waited forever for college football to start, and finally the wait is over! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are sure to become fan favorites. As an added bonus, the day before Labor Day is National Bacon Day and we don’t know about you, but we like putting bacon on anything and everything, so we’ll definitely be celebrating that. It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

My tongue is going numb

PancakesPancakes Posts: 45
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Alright gang, here is the part about the forum that I love so much, when the elder eggheads get to pass on some wisdom to the newbs. Here goes...

So I know a little about creosote build up causing numbness on the tongue, but lately no matter what I cook gives me the numb tongue. The first time was on my old grill smoking ribs and the numbness was super intense. Thought I left the dentist's office.

So last night I Did T-rex NY strip as prescribed on TNW site. Subbed hickory for mesquite because it was a long day at the office. Unimportant. I put three small chunks on, maybe the size of a golfball, some smaller some bigger. I dropped these in prior to sear engagement. The steaks were delicious, tender and juicy. Then an hour later and my tongue was slightly numb, not as bad as the first one attempt, but still noticeable. The smoke was not cloudy and somewhat clear. Maybe a little blue to it. What gives?

I also noticed a funny smell after the initial sear, the nomex was still intact on not zorched. I don't know, if you guys have any ideas this young newb could use a hand.

Semper Fi.

Comments