Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Beli's Pollo a la Naranja

Misippi EggerMisippi Egger Posts: 5,095
edited 10:02AM in EggHead Forum
Tonight I tried (tried, as in I didn't follow the directions properly) the Cherry-smoked pollo a la naranja that Beli recently posted. I used thighs instead of breasts. I wasn't sure what to do with the serrano peppers for the marinade, so I cored and chopped them. I closed the dome during the sear part of the cook which caused me to struggle getting a lower temp for the second part. :blush:
After the hot sear and now in the second (orange juice) marinade:
DSC_0001-2.jpg
"Roasting" and being basted with the OJ:
DSC_0002-1.jpg
Also, cooking after dark using a flashlight in my teeth since there is no electricity yet on my under-construction porch.
Final product:
DSC_0005-2.jpg
Despite the buffoonery, the meal was a hit. Princess Jana thought it turned out great, so "what can I say"? :woohoo: Of course, most any edible meal that she doesn't have to cook is great in her opinion. :ohmy: :silly:

Thanks, Beli. Will definitely be in my "repeat performance" file. :woohoo:
·

Comments

• Cory430Cory430 Posts: 1,072
    Clark,
    Food looks great! Beli is a helluva cook and its nice to see folks reaping the rewards :)

You should head over to the nearest sporting goods shop and grab a cheap headlamp. I use mine all the time with the eggs. I have a grill light and still end up using headlamp most of the time.
    ·
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,587
    :laugh: :laugh: :evil:
    ·
  • Misippi EggerMisippi Egger Posts: 5,095
    Cory - good idea and in fact, I have one somewhere that I use when duck hunting.

The porch should be finished up soon and based on a suggestion from Doug (Sparky), I will put 4 track lights above the 2 eggs in crossing patterns. Hopefully, that will eliminate any shadows.

Thanks.
    ·
  • DHallDHall Posts: 180
    Misippi Egger wrote:

The porch should be finished up soon and based on a suggestion from Doug (Sparky), I will put 4 track lights above the 2 eggs in crossing patterns. Hopefully, that will eliminate any shadows.

Thanks.

Thats what I did and it works perfect.
    IMG_3454.jpg
    IMG_3455.jpg
    ·
  • BobSBobS Posts: 2,485
    I looked for the recipe and did not see it. Can you point me in the right direction?

TIA
    ·
    Thanks. I hope it will help keep me from creating my own shadows over the grill!
    ·
  • BobSBobS Posts: 2,485
    Thanks!
    ·
  • BeliBeli Posts: 10,751
    Clark.......I'm happy it worked out for you & The Princess...looks delicious. Felicidades!!!...Even the china looks great....just like my parents used to be ;)
    ·
    Thanks, Beli.

The china - good old Kroger grocery store "china" from several years back. :ohmy:
    ·