Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Looking forward to a delicious Christmas dinner? Keep our Holiday Entertaining Publication handy throughout December for all your holiday dinner needs. But you can also find some of our favorites on our Country Christmas page, including Christmas Ham and Peach Cobbler. Happy cooking!

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Beli's Pollo a la Naranja

Misippi EggerMisippi Egger Posts: 5,095
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Tonight I tried (tried, as in I didn't follow the directions properly) the Cherry-smoked pollo a la naranja that Beli recently posted. I used thighs instead of breasts. I wasn't sure what to do with the serrano peppers for the marinade, so I cored and chopped them. I closed the dome during the sear part of the cook which caused me to struggle getting a lower temp for the second part. :blush:
After the hot sear and now in the second (orange juice) marinade:
DSC_0001-2.jpg
"Roasting" and being basted with the OJ:
DSC_0002-1.jpg
Also, cooking after dark using a flashlight in my teeth since there is no electricity yet on my under-construction porch.
Final product:
DSC_0005-2.jpg
Despite the buffoonery, the meal was a hit. Princess Jana thought it turned out great, so "what can I say"? :woohoo: Of course, most any edible meal that she doesn't have to cook is great in her opinion. :ohmy: :silly:

Thanks, Beli. Will definitely be in my "repeat performance" file. :woohoo:

Comments