Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

A Nature Boy and FlaPoolman breakfast

Options
reelgem
reelgem Posts: 4,256
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I've been having a craving for fatties ever since Waldorf. Nature Boy made some incredible fatties with the trimmings from some spares. He added maple syrup and a little Dizzy Pig Red Eye Express. I just used some Jimmy Deans and they turned out great. Had the fatties with some scrambled eggs with cheddar cheese and chives. I also made a quadruple batch of FlaPoolman's famous Bloody Mary's. I'm drinking kamoobcha, no alcohol for me. I think I had alcohol poisioning at the OKC fest. I haven't drank since. :silly: :woohoo:

Some Jimmy Deans sausage, maple syrup, DP Red Eye Express

DSC02031-1.jpg

On the egg

001-2.jpg

All done

006.jpg

Next up FlaPoolman's Bloody Mary's

003.jpg

And my drink of choice....kombucha!! :)

005-1.jpg

Comments

• eggfan
    eggfan Posts: 73
    Options
    Did you mix the maple syrup and red eye express in with the sausage or place on top? Looks wonderful.
  • reelgem
    Options
    Nature Boy uses 1 and a 1/2 TBSP. of Dizzy Pig Red Eye Express and 1/4 cup maple syrup. Mixes it into the meat. Form it into logs and wrap in plastic and refrigerate overnight. Before you cook it shake some Red Eye Express on the outside. Cook on raised grid, 300 degree dome, direct. Flip every 15-20 mins. Cook to internal temp of 180 degrees.
  • eggfan
    eggfan Posts: 73
    Options
    Sounds wonderful, cant wait to try it. Jeff
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Shweet Anne, love the fatties!! Never heard of kombucha, what is it?
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • SSN686
    SSN686 Posts: 3,504
    Options
    Morning Anne:

The fatties do look mighty fine!

Hey, did Del talk to you about coming to the Peoria EggFest on June 6th? I talked with him some at Waldorf and he seemed interested. My guess is that Peoria should be less than four hours from Milwaukee, so if we can come from Florida there is NO reason you guys can't come that short distance. :cheer:

We will be getting to Peoria sometime Friday evening, but heading out after the Fest on Saturday (so no after party).

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• reelgem
    Options
    Thanks Molly! It would be best to "google" kombucha. I just started drinking it about 2 weeks ago. It's expensive $5.00 for a 16z. bottle. But the health benefits make it all worth it, for me at least. I'm a cancer survivor so I take my health very seriously.
  • reelgem
    Options
    Thanks Jay! Del did mention the Peoria fest and it sounds great. Would love to see you and Kathy. We have something that might be conflicting with the date but I'm hoping we can make it.
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Congrats on winning the battle and sustaining!! I will check it out, thanks!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Chuck
    Chuck Posts: 812
    Options
    Those fatties were really good and yours look perfect. I can taste them now. The breakfast menu for tomorrow will now include them.

Thanks for the idea Anne.

Chuck
  • reelgem
    Options
    Hi Chuck!! Thanks for your kind words. I don't see you on the forum much. I had so muuch fun at Waldorf. I loved hanging out with you and the Dizzy gang. Believe it or not I'm making your cheesesteaks tonight for a party. They are absoulutely delicious and I can't wait to make them! Thanks so much for your patience and helping me learn how to make them. I'll be posting the pictures later tonight.
    Take care.
  • Chuck
    Chuck Posts: 812
    Options
    Yeah I don't post as much as I used to. I still check in pretty regularly though. You guys are always welcome in the Dizzy Pig camp...it was a blast having you hang out with us. Good luck with your cheesesteak cook. I am sure that you will do a great job. Looking forward to hearing how they come out.

Chuck
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    Looks good Anne, but remember, you were the poisocutioner in OKC. :evil: -RP