Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I Hate Colds...

Options
Spring Chicken
Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I hate colds....

Haven't had a cold in a long time but I apparently captured one while in Oklahoma City. And as colds go, I feel like krap. So here it sit at 2:58 AM in front of the computer with a cup of hot spiced tea and probably a pitiful look on my face. Can't go back to bed because my nose swells shut when I go horizontal. I'll try sleeping in my chair after I finish my tea. Meanwhile, I just wanted to go somewhere that I could say "I HATE COLDS..."

Thanks

Spring "Aaaa Chooooo" Chicken
Spring Texas USA

Comments

• RGBHV
    RGBHV Posts: 1,318
    Options
    Colds are the worst...

It's a constant battle keeping them at bay living in the great white north with 4 school age kids running around.

I use a special "Hot Toddy" to help me get through it.
    1-1.5 oz of rum, neo citran crystals, juice from 1 freshly squeezed lemon, some honey and some boiling water.

If it doesn't cure me - at least I can sleep.

I hope you feel better soon!

Michael
  • BHE1
    BHE1 Posts: 205
    Options
    I feel your pain. I hate to even tell you this but I've been ill for the past 3 weeks. I started with sinusitis that progressed into a full blown asthma outbreak. I, too, would lay down and my nose would swell shut---couldn't breathe at night and had to spend the majority of my nighttime on the couch with my head propped up.

Treatment for this bought was a Z-pack (that didn't quite work) and inhaler, steroids, and singular. I am actually feeling much better today.

Hope you feel better soon!!!!!!!!!
  • irishrog
    irishrog Posts: 375
    Options
    Hi Leroy, I think it is a common trait with all good film directors, it goes along with fame, groupies etc etc. An old Irish cure for colds which we still use at home is to make a tea with homemade blacrcurrant jam (jelly I think you call it in the states), boiling water, and a large shot of bushmills. It might not work too well but it helps dull the pain LOL. It does actually work and it also helps you sleep better.
    Greetings from Ireland, Roger
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    You need a little Sailor Jerry in your tea.
    Fix you right up.
    Sorry your not feeling well,
    darian
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Gator Bait
    Gator Bait Posts: 5,244
    Options
    Sorry to hear your not fealing well Leroy. Sounds like a good time to fire up the egg and make some homemade chicken soup.

Hope your better very, very soon.

Gator
  • Rascal
    Rascal Posts: 3,923
    Options
    Chinese hot & sour soup works wonders for a head cold!
  • Eggtucky
    Eggtucky Posts: 2,746
    Options
    Roger that SC...I've had one for over a week that knocked me outta work last Friday and just keeps hanging on...couldn't lay down to sleep either for a couple of nights...hang in there..it gets better... slowly :blink:
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    We all love you man. But I have to say this is not up to you nightly prose.
    I for one miss the forum checks. Get well soon. See you in Austin shortly.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Chef in the Making
    Options
    I am also suffering from a cold with all of its beautiful symtons. Finally went to the doctor's. Got a chest xray as they thought it might be walking pnemonia.

Is starve a cold feed a fever or feed a cold starve a fever. If it is the later it will be a great excuse to go off my diet.
  • Lawn Ranger
    Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
    Options
    That's what happens when we run our batteries nearly out. I haven't recovered, yet, but didn't get sick. Get better, Bud.
  • SWOkla-Teresa
    Options
    Hope you got some sleep last night after all!

Get Spring Hen to take good care of you!
    Plenty of liquids, vitamin C...and hey! That rum toddy sounded pretty good too ;)

Prayers to you for fast recovery!
  • bitslammer
    bitslammer Posts: 818
    Options
    Time for the horseradish and tabasco. Burn that cold out!
  • Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Options
    Less than 500 days and Ms. Hen will be there to take care of you 24/7 :)

I just got over what you are starting.. YUCK!!