Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Brisket done Patiodaddio's way is a success

alanjesqalanjesq Posts: 23
edited 4:16PM in EggHead Forum
As a ten year vet of BGE cookery, I tried the Patiodaddio.com's method of a smoking a Packer's Cut Brisket in for six hours. It was about 7 hours to finish, but I have to say the brisket had a good smoke and a very visable smoke ring. Having done many of the 14 hours cooks, I can see the advantage of the Patiodaddio's method. Don't intend heresy, but you may want to try and judge for yourself. Many of my guests who have had my briskets on the long and the short cook said this was the better of the two.
They are both great, but one just takes less time.
·

Comments

• freggfregg Posts: 58
    sound good recipe plaese.
    Thanks
    Fregg
    ·
  • Yes, that sounds like something that I would want to try too. How do we find Patiodaddio's link? Also, has anyone every re-heated a store-bought pastrami in the Egg? I have one I want to serve on Sunday. It's about 3.5 lbs and is done "Monteal Style". Should I cover it in foil or just put it in the egg on a indirect heat.
    Thanks, everyone,.,....and Happy Easter!
    ·
  • Sooner EggSooner Egg Posts: 578
    do you have a link to the recipe
    ·
  • FidelFidel Posts: 10,168
    Not really a recipe, more of a technique.

Cook it just like any other brisket, indirect, rub, fat down, etc. Just cook it at 325-350 instead of 225-250. Cuts the cook time in half.

I've never tried it but a couple of friends swear by it.
    ·
  • Thanks, Fidel......I will try it!
    ·
  • Thanks for the link!!!
    ·
  • alanjesqalanjesq Posts: 23
    I am sorry I did not post the link to Patiodaddio's six hour Brisket cook. I had posted an earlier message with the web site link, and this was my follow up. Again my apologies.

Though I believe one of our listmates has already posted the link, here it is again.

http://www.patiodaddiobbq.com/2009/02/hot-fast-bbq-beef-brisket.html

alanjesq
    ·
  • Thanks, again for your replies. I have found the link and will try it next time I have an opportunity!
    ·