Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

??? Pineapple Head only for fruit???

BordelloBordello Posts: 5,926
edited 7:45AM in EggHead Forum
Friday I put in an order with Dizzy Pig for:

Pineapple Head Sweet Tropical Rub
Dizzy's Red Eye Express
Swamp Venom Deep South Hot Rub
Dizzy Dust Coarse Grind
plus a Cow Lick

After reading through some of the post on Pineapple Head I see Chris says it mainly for fruit but many are using it for meat and such. Well, I eat very little fruit and want to be sure I will like using it on other things.

Thanks for any input.

Regards,
Bordello

Comments

• It's great on most any vegetable, especially sweet potatoes. Fresh pineapple on the grill with PH is awesome!
  • Car Wash MikeCar Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    I marinaded some shrimp in Wishbone Robust Italian Dressing. Drained and sprinkled the rub on it. Turned out very good.
    sfest016.jpg

I also used it on a pork loin for pork sliders.
    pkln003.jpg

Mike
  • BordelloBordello Posts: 5,926
    Nice looking shrimp & pork loin.

Thanks, I will just have to try some and see. :laugh:

Regards,
    Bordello
  • BordelloBordello Posts: 5,926
    Thanks,
    Going to give it a try and go from there.

Cheers,
    Bordello