Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

John Henry Rubs

RebelEggRebelEgg Posts: 45
edited 12:09AM in EggHead Forum
I have heard a lot about the John Henry Rubs and I am planning to place an order soon. What are some of your favorites? Thanks in advance.
·

Comments

• BajaTomBajaTom Posts: 1,269
    I really don't know that much about John Henry rubs. Give the Dizzy Pigs rubs a try. They are great rubs at a reasonable price. If I knew how to copy a link to their web site I would give it it to you. Good luck to all. Tom
    ·
  • Dizzy Pig rubs were the first thing I purchased. Heard about them from this forum, love them all and have orderd numerous times. Great stuff those guys make.
    ·
  • DavekatzDavekatz Posts: 763
    The Pecan, Mohave Garlic, Texas Chicken Tickler, and Raspberry Chipotle are all tasty.

Dave
    Food & Fire - The carnivorous ramblings of a gluten-free grill geek.
    ·
  • I like the Pecan on Baby Back Ribs With Blues Hog Sauce
    Ross
    ·
  • We go through boat loads of Pecan. Not the hot the regular. Never tried the hot. Also love Dizzy Pig rubs. B)
    ·
  • PopsiclePopsicle Posts: 517
    Try the Mohave Garlic Pepper Gold. Taste like you added butter. The Pecan is a great all around go to. You can call him at his shop and he can give you more recommendations. Great guy to visit. Good luck.
    Popsicle
    Willis Tx.
    ·
  • try the heart healthy mix, texas brisket rub, texas pig rub, the orange dill is very good on fish. FYI JH is who packs the spice line for BGE.
    ·
  • EggtuckyEggtucky Posts: 2,746
    Without a doubt..pecan and hot pecan..also like the jalapeno, mojave garlic pepper and raspberry chipotle..
    ·
  • Another vote for the Pecan Rub,love it on pork--ribs, roasts, loins. Also vote for texas chicken tickler. Tried the Old Stockyard, it is a little on the hot side and would probably be better on beef.

Been egging for almost a year, and haven't tried any of the DP's products yets. Going to have to change that.
    ·
  • I have only tried two of them. Pecan and brisket - like em both.
    ·
  • PhilsGrillPhilsGrill Posts: 2,256
    Just for y'alls infomation, BGE just came out with a Pecan rub and it is Gooooooood!
    ·
  • EmarfEmarf Posts: 167
    The Pecan hot ,Texas Pig , Apple jerk chicken, Texas brisket are good
    ·
  • EggRacerEggRacer Posts: 400
    Pecan Rub, Hot Pecan Rub, Apple Jerk Chicken Rub, Wild Cherry Chipotle, and Raspberry Chipotle
    XLBGE & LBGE
    North Richland Hills, TX
    ·
  • Thanks gonna place an order today.
    ·
  • MuddyMuddy Posts: 37
    I used the Apple seasoning yesterday on a pork butt and it was great!
    ·
  • DavekatzDavekatz Posts: 763
    That's because JH makes it for them. Shhhhhh...;)

The only JH rub I've tried and not had a lot of success with is the Peach. A friend suggested it would be good with wild fowl. Any thoughts?
    Food & Fire - The carnivorous ramblings of a gluten-free grill geek.
    ·
  • EggRacerEggRacer Posts: 400
    Peach on pork chops or chicken is good. You could add a touch of cayenne to spice it up a bit or mix it with hot pecan. I haven't tried spicing it up but it sounds good.
    XLBGE & LBGE
    North Richland Hills, TX
    ·