Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hamburger

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Grandson (2 yr old) visiting and slmost church time so I grilled
hamburgers on the Holland gas grill and they were really good.
But I am happy to say (sorry gas grillers) they justs were not
as good or as jucy and those cooked on my medium Green Egg.
This is only my second post but I read every day and am learning
so much from you good folks.
Thanks
John

Comments

• Buckiquer
    Buckiquer Posts: 24
    Options
    sklylake dawg,
    I have a Holland grill and a large BGE. I thought my Holland grill was great until I tried The Egg. No comparision. Grilling with the egg only gets better. I have been hanging around here now for two and a half years and I Believe "
    The Egg Rules"

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    sklylake dawg,[p]used to grill burgers over gas, thought it was good
    when the gas grill died last year, i went back to a good old weber. . forgot how good burgers could be. .
    since i got my egg three weeks ago, we've had burgers now 3 or 4 times, and the whole family thinks they are better than ever!!!! i think i'll use my weber as a storage chamber for lump. .

• mollyshark
    mollyshark Posts: 1,519
    Options
    Buckiquer,[p]I had my large egg probably 3 years before I ever did a burger. Made one and burst out laughing. Mixed in a little crumbly blue cheese with I mixed up the eggs and let it cook in with the burger. Oh man...not kosher but to die for. Suddenly the family REQUESTS burgers when we do a big lunch on the weekend. Just so damn good. Now that I have the small and the mini, easy enough to do burgers for 1 or two. Going to pre-form some and stick em in foodsaver bags so I can grab out a burger at a time just for moi. Ah, life can be sweet.
  • Mollyshark,
    same thing I do by buying 6# of ground chuck at a time and using a scale and then a hamburger press. I've found it best to freeze the bare patties first and then Food Saver them after - otherwise the vacuum process defeats the purpose of the uniform thickness derived by the press. Sometimes I'll even package them as "his & her burgers" as wifey goes for 6oz and I like 8oz.