Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Lagniappe

Frank from HoumaFrank from Houma Posts: 5,755
edited 7:05PM in EggHead Forum
Picked up "Lagniappe" today. "Lagniappe" is our new additions name. Cute little bugger. He is geauxing to take care of some Nathan's dogs manana.

IMG_2793800x600.jpg

"Lagniappe" was welcomed by:

IMG_2228800x600.jpg

and

IMG_2222800x600.jpg

his XL and Small buddies. "Lagniappe" and "Geaux Tigers" are looking forward to the their boat ride on the Geaux Tiger boat on Saturday. Geauxing down the bayou to a fishing camp accessable only by water. I'm doing appetizers and participating in a gumbo cookoff. Of course the appetizers are part of the process of buying votes - ABTs, moink balls, and stuffed fritos to start. :laugh:
·

Comments

• AZRPAZRP Posts: 10,116
    Welcome to the mini club Frank, you're gonna love that little bugger. -RP
    ·
  • Fantastic addition, congratulations.

I sure love my mini.

GG
    ·
  • tattoo and i welcome you to the mini sect of the cult :woohoo:

ssapp-005.jpg

ssapp-003.jpg

you are gonna love it
    ·
  • Big'unBig'un Posts: 5,909
    Well Frank, your new addition is as cute as they come. I'm afraid to try to pronounce the name though. "Those french folks, its like they have a different word for everything!" Welcome to egg family,"Lagniappe".
    ·
  • FiretruckFiretruck Posts: 2,676
    It's pronounced lan yop.
    ·
  • Little ChefLittle Chef Posts: 4,725
    Enjoy your new addition! You will love it! Just don't do this..... :huh: :laugh: :ohmy:

http://www.eggheadforum.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&id=555307&catid=1

Enjoy the new addition to the family!
    ·
    I can pronounce that! It looked like it started to sound like lasagna and the took a nasty turn. Haha. Thanks for the diction lession, I would have never come up with that!
    ·
  • I can assure you I'm capable of doing that - I'll try my best not to.
    ·
  • :laugh: Firetruck hit it just right with his breakdown.

BTW - I named it Lagniappe because it means a little something extra. Like when you order a dozen raw oysters and you get 13 or 14, or the butcher gives you 6 pounds of andoille but only charges for 5, etc. My dealer gave it to me after doing a demonstration cook.

Let me understand this - you are going to furnish an egg to cook on and buy all the food and I get to cook it and drink your wine and then you are going to give me a mini. Don't throw me in that briar patch.

Actually I didn't know about the complimentary mini until after the cook - outstanding dealer in a small market.
    ·
  • Tatoo does nice work for a little guy.
    ·
  • FidelFidel Posts: 10,168
    Welcome to the bliss of mini ownership. You'll be surprised how often you use it.

Congratulations.
    ·
    What a great deal! I did look up the name previously, and from what you're saying, The name is perfect! Congrats my friend! I'm sure it was well deserved.
    ·
  • I like that name...I've decided to name my future mini "Nick Nack"
    ·