Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

grill extender

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I recently went to the BGE store to get a grill extender but i was dissapointed at the quality. anyone have any ideas on how to build one yourself or otherwise? I need more cooking area and cannot afford another BGE.

Comments

• Darin,
    to each his own, but personally I like the thing with it's handy flip up sides and heavy construction. Once properly spread and attached to the grill it is very rigid. Some folks may come along and show you pixs of extenders they have assembled using stove bolts or treaded rods. I find clean up a snap if you spray with Pam first.

• Kip
    Kip Posts: 87
    Options
    Darin,
    I agree with the post below. The BGE extender is one of the most versatile accessories I have bought. You can fit more on than you think. I've seen a picture here that shows two 8 pound Boston Butts on top of a 14 pound brisket.[p]Kip

• CR
    CR Posts: 175
    Options
    Darin, mine works fine. It is a little more sturdy than you think once you have it attached to your grill.
  • Marvin
    Marvin Posts: 515
    Options
    Darin,
    I have the extender, and I constructed one using weber grills and stove bolts. They both work well.

• Chuck
    Chuck Posts: 812
    Options
    bigcook.jpg
    <p />Darin,[p]I agree with the below posts. The grid extender is a great addition to your q'ing arsenal. I have two, a hinged one as well as an unhinged one and like them both. I don't think they currently make the unhinged one, which is a little stronger, but the hinged one does a great job. The one on the right in the photo is the hinged one and I think the cook that Kip was referring to. [p]Have a great day.[p]Chuck

• Chuck
    Chuck Posts: 812
    Options
    bnb.jpg
    <p />Another view of the hinged one.
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    Chuck,
    Boy, that sure is a pretty picture.[p]Spring Chicken