Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

OT: Coolest Toy Every Made

ZippylipZippylip Posts: 4,347
edited 8:14PM in EggHead Forum
If you were a little kid in the late 60's/early 70's (a great time to be a little kid I might add :laugh: ), you had to have a set of these (otherwise you were :angry: ). This is the original first year run (1966) by Marx Toys in near perfect condition:

• Woody69Woody69 Posts: 360
    I still have one of those somewhere in my attic. :laugh:
  • i loved rock-em-sock-em robots!!!!

today, they would probably come with all kinds of warnings from the consumer product safety commission, and the do-gooders would tell us that they promote violence in our children!! .. .yeah, like we went outside after playing them, and then beat each other up every afternoon!!
  • Celtic WolfCeltic Wolf Posts: 9,769
    You didn't??
  • nope, tell me a smart guy like you did though??. . .
  • Celtic WolfCeltic Wolf Posts: 9,769
    Me?? By the time these toys came out I was well into "Peace and Brotherhood MAN" m\/ B)
  • YBYB Posts: 3,861
    I guess I'm old...In 1966 I was at Paris Island S.C. playing with M14,16's and 45's.I went in on 11-10-66 the Corps birthday and it was great and then came 11-11 and boy did things change.I forgot today is th USMC birthday.

• I loved my rock em sock em robots :laugh:
  • stikestike Posts: 15,597
    i got one for my birthday and never opened it. it's still in the plastic wrap in my attic... if anyone wants it, they can have it

(nah... just kidding all you collectors out there)

i set up my atari game a while back. man that was fun. space invaders, etc. hahaha
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Woody69Woody69 Posts: 360
    I still have the Atari and several games also. I've been wanting to get it out and show the kids what our video games were like....
  • stikestike Posts: 15,597
    we got coleco 'pong' when i was maybe 12? that was a fun game...
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • very cool... by the time that came out i was too busy trying to find someone old enough to buy me beer..none the less a great blast from the past.
  • ZippylipZippylip Posts: 4,347
    beer, vicariously punching the crap out of your friend, they went together :laugh:
  • FidelFidel Posts: 10,171
    Happy 233rd Birthday Larry.

My father was in and out of Paris Island just a few years before you.

Thank you for your service to our country.
  • you got a point there
  • Apparently, you have never seen a yo-yo.
  • bubba timbubba tim Posts: 3,216
    so nothing has changed for you. :whistle: :whistle:
    SEE YOU IN FLORIDA, March 14th and 15th 2014 You must master temp, smoke, and time to achive moisture, taste, and texture! Visit for BRISKET HELP
  • bubba timbubba tim Posts: 3,216
    Jar head :woohoo: 101st Airborne Ranger Infantry 71 - 86. I guess we breathed some of the same dust. Welcome Home!
    SEE YOU IN FLORIDA, March 14th and 15th 2014 You must master temp, smoke, and time to achive moisture, taste, and texture! Visit for BRISKET HELP
    you try'n to say I don't have a mirror :ermm: :huh: :laugh:
  • NJ-GrEGGNJ-GrEGG Posts: 171
    They don't make them anywhere near as good today. I bought one for my newphew last Christmas and the quality was so cheap. Buyer beware!
  • HaggisHaggis Posts: 998
    Regretfully I was beyond them. Too busy trying to get drunk, get laid, and avoid the draft and failing badly at two of the three, then learning a different toy to use in a fight. Southeast Asia is a great vacation spot!

They remind me of the Transformers my son had in the mid-80s. What are they?
  • JLOCKHART29JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    "You knocked my block off" Boy thats a blast from the past!! Some good times but know what? Wouldn't go back if I could. Pretty darn good now. B)
    That was a great commercial JL. Remember the names, the 'Red Rocker' & the 'Blue Bomber'
  • MeinbmwMeinbmw Posts: 157
    The one on the right looks like Mike Tyson ... that big, dumb SOB.
  • Several weeks ago at my daughters high school...several kids were talking about a fight between two kids that was suppose to happen between classes later in the day. All the kids started talking about the fight and whn the time came for the fight there was a large group of kids gathered in the hallway to watch the fight. One of the kids reached into a bag and pulled out a rock'em sock'em robots toy and the kids began their fight.

Both kids were suspended for "causing a disturbance"
  • JLOCKHART29JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    I guess old age beats the alternative! :laugh:
  • BuxwheatBuxwheat Posts: 727
    I never had one of the originals, but loved playing w/ them. About 15 yrs ago during the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle craze they came out w/ a Rock 'em Sock 'em version using the Turtle characters. Bought one for my son since he loved this stuff. I still like playing w/ them, but they don't hit like the originals and one of the fighters seems to lose his head more easily than the other one.