Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

grill extender

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Can anyone tell me where to purchase a grill extender so I can do some double deck cooking?

Comments

• Q-Ball,
    I bought a second grid and bolted it to the first grid using three stainless steel studs, nuts & fender washers. I know a bunch of other folks here have done it, maybe someone can chime in with a pic.[p]IMPORTANT: Do not use any kind of plated hardware (zinc plated or cadmium plated). They can emit dangerous fumes. Stick with stainless steel.[p]Jeff

• Chuck
    Chuck Posts: 812
    Options
    jerky.jpg
    <p />Q-Ball,[p]I bought mine from my local dealer. You should be able to get one, or at least order one from where you got your egg. I use mine frequently, I have a rigid top one and a hinged one, and think you will be happy with your purchase.[p]Chuck

• Kip
    Kip Posts: 87
    Options
    Chuck,
    What are you cooking there?

• FlaBQ
    FlaBQ Posts: 12
    Options
    Q-Ball,
    Call the BGE headquarters in Atlanta and ask for product code "GX", which is the grid extender to fit either the large or medium BGE.
    Cheers!

• Chuck
    Chuck Posts: 812
    Options
    Kip,[p]Thats venison jerky on the top screen and two screens of beef jerky below. Jerky is great on a BGE, if you haven't done any yet, and like jerky, you should give it a try. You will be able to get good advise here if needed.[p]Chuck

• Max
    Max Posts: 15
    Options
    Chuck,
    Can the hinged one be used under the main grill or is it only for the raised position? Also, I do not have a local dealer, do you or anyone else know where to order the hinged grill and what the item or code number is?
    Thanks.

• Sippi
    Sippi Posts: 83
    Options
    Max,
    Call BGE in Atlanta. Extender doesn't weigh a lot and is relatively inexpensive to ship.

• Charcoal Mike
    Options
    Max,[p]It can only go on the top. If you hang it below, then the hinges fall down. They used to make stationary ones (no longer), but now all you can get are hinged. I believe there are other places that offer the stationary ones, and I have seen links, I just can't find one at the moment - maybe someone else will post...[p]Hope this helps -[p]Mike