Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
April showers bring...National BBQ Month! Are you ready for a month full of briskets, pulled pork and chicken wings? We hope so, because it’s almost here! Keep an eye out for some of our favorite BBQ recipes we’ll be sharing with you throughout the month of May.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Jack Results

DAA MAYOORDAA MAYOOR Posts: 20
edited 9:43AM in EggHead Forum
Finally thawing out,started raining on Thursday and didn't stop till late Friday what a mud hole. My first time to attend but looks to me like it could be a little better organized. Saw a lot of old friends and made some new ones. As best I can remember Dizzy Pig placed 8th overall,Shigs in Pit 17th and Bobby-Q 19th overall. I was extremely pleased at the results of my son Stefan who has only been competing for about 3 years. He had an 8th in chicken 10th in brisket, 17th in ribs and 68th in pork what happend!!!!!!!!!!!!. Same recipe that just won 1st place in 2 states. They also took 3rd in Chef's Choice. Those of you who attended know how wet and cold it was. But overall I had a great time,my elbow is sore seems every time it bent my mouth flew open for more Q or brew. Waldorf Eggfest will be held on May 3rd this year so mark your calendars. This will be the 10th anniversary we are goning to do some special things. So plan on being here.
·

Comments

• vidalia1vidalia1 Posts: 7,091
    I don't know if you saw my post below about BGE convert but we already have several new folks planning on attending the Waldorf next year..... B)
    ·
  • Great will take a look
    ·
  • WessBWessB Posts: 6,937
    Good to hear from ya Dale...you might just as well sign me and Sally up right now...Tikifest is Nov 15th. any interest????
    ·
  • SSN686SSN686 Posts: 2,955
    Morning Wess & Dale:

I think there should be a prize for the first ones registed that are NOT Sally & Wess!!!! :laugh:

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

·
    :laugh: Easy now...I resemble that remark...last year what just totally the right place at the right time...
    ·
  • Celtic WolfCeltic Wolf Posts: 9,768
    He'll miss it by a day HAHAHAHAHAH

May 3rd is Sunday Mr. MAYOOR :)
    ·
  • It was a pleasure to meet you Dale. You are correct the Shigs did a great job & are to be congratulated.
    Tom
    ·
  • Made a note and stuck it on my computer. Rona and I have already talked about coming. Give me a call here in the office 301-705-1900 or cell 301-643-1006
    ·
  • Your right Wolf Man,probably should look at 09 calendar huh?????????????
    ·
  • Celtic WolfCeltic Wolf Posts: 9,768
    A Wolf always knows what day is Birthday is on :)
    ·
    You any closer to a decision on attending
    ·