Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Best New Gadget of the 21st Century

Spring Chicken
Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
You gotta check this out. Really cool.

Kindle: Amazon's Wireless Reading Device

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FI73MA/

I'm sure Dr. BBQ's book is in it.

You're welcome.

Spring "Christmas Is Coming" Chicken
Spring Texas USA

Comments

• Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    Have you tried one of these? It's the "Ipod for Books" I've heard.
  • Haven't but probably will. We subscribe to the Houston Chronicle for about $200 a year. We can get the Chronicle this way for about $60 a year.

Also, we pay upwards of $25 to $35 per book only to give it to someone after we read it. This way we can get the book for under $10 and keep it forever.

The Kindle downloads an entire book in under a minute from anywhere. No computer. No wires. No wireless internet. No connection fees.

The list of uses is virtually unlimited as it is now. I can only imagine what Kindle II will be like. And Kindle III... Gotta be more "WOW's" each time.

You can already add a memory stick that will allow you to have up to 4,000 books on it. And Amazon stores your purchase for free should you ever lose your Kindle. Just reload everything you purchased into your new one. You can literally turn your library back into a bedroom.

I'm trying to figure a way to put it further up the priority list here at the Chicken Ranch. If the shock market goes up about 4,000 points tomorrow I'll go ahead and order one for the staff.

Spring "Unpaid Salesman For Something I've Never Even Seen" Chicken
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Leroy,

I can't describe how much I hate turning pages. ;)

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Then this is for you.

By the way, if you read a word that you don't know exactly what it means, highlight it and you will get your answer instantly.

Spring "I Know What All Words Mean, Except Some Of Those With Miltiple Letters In Them" Chicken
  • Camano
    Camano Posts: 134
    If the stock market goes up 4000 pts tomorrow I will buy you a Kindle
  • Hilarious. Just as I open this thread, it's on Oprah and she gave one to everyone in the audience. What a coincidence!!
  • Cpt'n Cook
    Cpt'n Cook Posts: 1,917
    My dog wouldn't like it.
    Hemingway.jpg