Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Wobbly

Options
Bacchus
Bacchus Posts: 6,019
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just got my fire going(plate setter w/pizza stone).

I had just taken the egg innards out a coupla weeks ago for cleaning. This is my first time using PS since then.
There is a wobble of the whole internal stack it seems. It is about an inch of left-right travel at the stone level. I am envisioning a small pepple or something under the fire box, maybe even between the fire box and ring. This is my 3-4th cook since reassembling and everything works fine. I know I aligned the fire box opening with the draft door so I assumed thats all there was too it.
Does anything obvious stand out?

Thanks!

Ron

Comments

• Zippylip
    Zippylip Posts: 4,768
    Options
    could be a piece of lump stuck to something that blended in & you didn't notice it when you reassembled the stack
    happy in the hut
    West Chester Pennsylvania
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,920
    Options
    In my large my firebox (before it broke) used to rock as the very bottom was not flush. To get around it I merely pushed it against the outer shell wall and then after the first cook ash filled in the area to stabilize. No big deal. OTOH my fire ring is more oval shaped as well as there's a slight "ovalness" to my shell and the two quirks have to be considered otherwise my fire ring won't fit down on the firebox - even in it's cracked condition. Before it rocked like a cradle!
  • Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    Options
    hmm, interesting. Mine wasnt wobbling before. Maybe it is off a little bit too and it is not positioned as before. :blink:
  • elFloyd
    elFloyd Posts: 50
    Options
    I have the same problem every time I remove the fire ring.... the fire ring is not a perfect circle. Keep turning it until you get the best fit and the wobbling is minimized or stops completely.

elFloyd
    Cumming, GA