Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

The New Table

Grillin GuyGrillin Guy Posts: 302
edited 12:01AM in EggHead Forum
BobbyB has been offering to help me build a table for some time now, so last week he came over and brought his tools, his plans, his expertise and I supplied a sense of humor and lunch. I can't thank him enough. Also, Tinman came over and brought his router and sander and a LOT more expertise to help us finish up. Once again, I supplied a sense of humor and lunch. I'm telling you, it couldn't have come out any better. It's almost 7' long, 36" high and 35" deep. You'll notice that I opted out of having holes cut because I want to be able to move them in and out for tailgating and hurricane purposes. I figured that the least used part of the table was that part directly behind the egg, so instead of a hole, we made a slot so that I don't have to pick them up so high to get them in and out. The shelves are 1.5"X5" inch tongue and groove decking. The front three legs are 4"X4" and I tied the back into the existing legs that support the roof of my cook shack, 6"X6" posts. I haven't gotten it stained or finished yet, but I'll post pics of the finished table as soon as I do.
Many thanks to Bobby B and Tin Man. Couldn't have done it without you!

IMG01178.jpg

IMG01179.jpg

IMG01180.jpg

IMG01181.jpg

IMG01183.jpg

IMG01184.jpg

IMG01185.jpg

IMG01187.jpg
·

Comments

• deepsouthdeepsouth Posts: 1,788
    that is a fine looking table. i must get my garage cleaned out so i can build me one...... rather, do what you did and find someone who knows what's up.
    ·
  • MickeyTMickeyT Posts: 607
    that is a great idea about the slot. I noticed you through a screw into the one by on top that don"'t have support under it so they don't go wonderin later on. Very nice.

Mick
    ·
  • BordelloBordello Posts: 5,926
    Nice job, congratulations. Great friends you there, my hat is off to them for pitching in for you. Looking forward to seeing the finished job.

Regards,
    Bordello
    ·
  • Big'unBig'un Posts: 5,909
    Man that is choice!! Beautimus job guys! You may want to add a chain on the back or add a removable board. It's amazing what can be done with beer driven eggers!Haha.
    ·
  • Hmm..... chain across the back. Heck, that's not a bad idea at all!
    ·
  • NibbleMeThisNibbleMeThis Posts: 2,254
    Looks great so far! I am sure you will love every minute of using them.
    Knoxville, TN
    ·
  • JalopyBobJalopyBob Posts: 171
    I like how you tied the table into your posts, and the slots in the back. Good ideas.
    ·