Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Are you happy it’s finally National BBQ Month? While we like to BBQ year round, May is our favorite because the whole country is celebrating delicious food. If you’re new to cooking BBQ on your EGG, check out our Smoking Basics Publication...if not, proceed to some of our favorite recipes! We love Dr. BBQ’s Coffee Rubbed Brisket, Famous Dave’s Sticky Ribs and Virginia Willis’ Pulled Pork. Pair with this cheesy favorite for a winning way to start off May!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Big EGG day in the competition world

Bobby-QBobby-Q Posts: 1,993
edited 1:17PM in EggHead Forum
First of all congrats go out to Sam and Diane from Jus Fer Fun on their outstanding job taking Reserve grand today in Covington.

Behind them we had 2 other EGG teams. This was a first in the EGG world with EGG teams finishing 2, 3, and 4 in a contest.

Daddy Pat's BBQ won third place and I am super proud of those guys. They are one of the hardest working EGG teams out there and they deserve their first big finish.

Charlie and I were happy to take the 4th spot behind 2 great EGG teams.

Great job Guys..and Gal.

:)
·

Comments

• thirdeyethirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Way to go everybody
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
    ·
  • Grandpas GrubGrandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Congratulations to all of you. Great news indeed.

Kent
    ·
  • Looks like we're gonna have to get a larger bucket to hold all the "Attaboys."

Spring "Third String Runner-Up To Chef Boyardee's Trainee Helper" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
    ·
  • Wise OneWise One Posts: 2,645
    Congratulations to all - are you guys going top bring your hardware to EGGtoberfest so we can "oooh" and "aaah" over it. It's really amazing when you think back just 10 years ago when NO ONE on the competition circuit was using an EGG - at least openly.
    ·
  • AZRPAZRP Posts: 10,116
    Congrats to all!!!! Sam, Have some boiled peanuts for the Filly this year. -RP
    ·
  • Lawn RangerLawn Ranger Posts: 5,466
    Congratulations to all those Eggers!

Mike
    ·
  • BENTEBENTE Posts: 8,337
    congrats to all!!!!!

thanks for going out there and spreading the word of "The Egg" B)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

·
  • dhuffjrdhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    Very Cool.

H
    ·
  • BrocBroc Posts: 1,398
    Wonderful!

Congrats, All!

~ Broc

:lol: :woohoo: :lol:
    ·
  • congrats to Sam and Diane (Jus Fer Fun) for taking Reserve grand in Covington BBQ competition.

:woohoo:
    ·
  • Big'unBig'un Posts: 5,909
    Congrats guys!!! And congrats to Sam & Diane!!
    ·
  • QBabeQBabe Posts: 2,275
    That's AWESOME! Congrats to all...
    ·
  • Great news! Congrats to all!
    ·
  • that is outstanding!
    ·
  • Clay QClay Q Posts: 4,418
    Congrat's to all the egg teams on their fantastic wins!
    Cooking talent, dedication and the egg is a winning combination in the BBQ competition world.
    Cheers! :cheer:
    ·
  • Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,336
    Congrats yall!
    Go eggs!
    Chris
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    ·
  • drbbqdrbbq Posts: 1,152
    I'm a little verclemped. Congrats to you all!
    Ray Lampe Dr. BBQ
    ·
  • PoppasamPoppasam Posts: 440
    Just four years ago we showed up at Dillard with four Eggs and got a lot of strange looks and strange questions. This year there were four total Egg Teams and a few more with Eggs. I believe that have proven their competive ability.

Poppasam
    ·
  • PoppasamPoppasam Posts: 440
    Thanks Bobby and all the rest. Ms.D and I do have a great time but as you know we all like to make the WALK. I'm sure Daddy Pat is still on a high and will be there for a few days. Thanks again for all the help you continue to be.

Good Friends/Good Fun/Good Fun
    Ms.D and Poppasam
    Jus-Fer-Fun Cooking Crew
    ·
  • vidalia1vidalia1 Posts: 7,091
    Congrats to all the teams....Sam we had some of your boiled peanuts this weekend...they were delicious...it was almost like we were there with you guys.... :)
    ·