Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

stuffed brisket

Chef WilChef Wil Posts: 702
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hello all !!!
Just wondering if anyone has a copy of the stuffed brisket I had shared with the forum a couple of years ago. Its so nice to see all the old handles in here, brings back so many nice memories. Speaking of handles, is Lawn Ranger working on his 2nd million yet? Spring Chicken and Spring Hen, I hear you peeps had a really great party at the coop. Bobby Q, Fishlessman, Celtic, Nature Boy, YB, and all the other oldies, ^5's and Hugs.
This cajun boy needs to come back home and start cooking again, missed you guys and my sweetheart, " Spring Hen "
·

Comments

• Bobby-QBobby-Q Posts: 1,993
    Dang good to see you around here Mang!

Belive it or not I still have some of your rub left and use it quite frequently. I even took 3rd place chicken using it once at a contest.
    ·
  • PharmeggistPharmeggist Posts: 1,191
    Stuffed Brisket? MMMMMM
    I sure would like to give it a try....
    Maybe some one can post it for us :)
    ·
  • I butterflied the flat brisket, rubbed inside and out, added chopped onions, bell peppers, and celery, fresh pork sausage out of casing and thinly sliced smoked sausage, pulled flap back over and sewed it up. Sat in the fridge for 2 days then cooked.

Chef Wil
    ·
  • It was originally posted by chef wil.

The ingredients were:
    5 lb butterflied brisket flat
    2 lb freshly ground pork, salt and peppered, shaped into a patty to fit 1/2 of the flat
    1 lb andouille sausage sliced thin lengthwise
    1 onion
    1 green bell pepper
    8 cloves garlic
    2 ribs celery finely chopped
    Dizzy Pig Swamp Venom Rub

The flat was dusted inside and out with the Swamp Venom. Then 1/2 of the veggie mix spread over half of the opened brisket, ground pork patty layered on top of veggies, andouille layered on top of pork, and the last of the veggie mix on top.

The top flap was pulled over the layers and sewn together with butcher's twine then wrapped and fridged over night.

The package cooked with a few chunks of chestnut, indirect at a grate temp of about 210 for 9 1/2 hours. We let it rest about 45 minutes before slicing.
    ·
  • Chef WilChef Wil Posts: 702
    off to the market
    ·
  • Spring HenSpring Hen Posts: 1,487
    Awww...you say the sweetest things....love you too.
    Spring "glad to have her long-lost chick back" Hen
    ·
  • Celtic WolfCeltic Wolf Posts: 9,768
    If you ask woodoggies nice enough I bet he will post the sweetest pictures of the one he made.
    ·
  • fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 16,635
    great to see you post, been awhile. stuffed brisket sounds good
    ·
  • Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,330
    Good to hear from you Wil!
    I've been unable to keep up on the forum as well. Pop in once in a while, and with the days getting shorter I am getting a bit more time to post. Hope to hear from you more this winter!

Hope you're well mang.
    Chris
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    ·
  • Lawn RangerLawn Ranger Posts: 5,466
    SayWhat? :laugh:

It's good to hear from you, My Friend. Wish you could have made it to houston. keep in touch.

Mike
    ·
  • Celtic WolfCeltic Wolf Posts: 9,768
    WHAT!!

Soooooo that is why it takes soooooo long to get your tools and handles.. You have two million orders!! :woohoo:

Still wondering if I will get the handles or a return call from Chubby first!!! :woohoo: :whistle: :laugh:
    ·
  • Lawn RangerLawn Ranger Posts: 5,466
    Chubby called me today...I'm betting on the phone call :ohmy:
    ·
  • Car Wash MikeCar Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Hey Wil,
    You need to come back and give us more good tips.

Mike
    ·
  • Hello spring hen,no harm or disrespect intended but would you happen to be spring chickens wife? just asked because of the closeness in handles.LOL B) B)
    ·