Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BGE firebox in a Kamado?

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
First, a confession... I dont own an egg. Instead, I own a Kamado #5 and a KomodoKamado. Hold the flamethrower, please, I have an honest question. :side:

My Kamado #5 firebox has broken into several pieces, which makes the grill unusable. Many of you are likely familiar with the perpetual problems with getting service (or even just product delivered after you send money)from Kamado. I saw some BGE fireboxes (Medium and Large) on the shelf in a local BBQ store today, and was wondering if anyone knows if they will fit a Richard Johnson made Kamado?

Comments

• CPB
    CPB Posts: 133
    Options
    Good for you! We had a Komado for many years, unfortunately destroyed by a bear. If I had any opportunity to restore it I would. I am sure you can get dimensions from some one or take your into an egg dealer and see if it fits.................
  • Old Salt
    Old Salt Posts: 357
    Options
    FireMonkey wrote:
    First, a confession... I dont own an egg. Instead, I own a Kamado #5 and a KomodoKamado. Hold the flamethrower, please, I have an honest question. :side:

My Kamado #5 firebox has broken into several pieces, which makes the grill unusable. Many of you are likely familiar with the perpetual problems with getting service (or even just product delivered after you send money)from Kamado. I saw some BGE fireboxes (Medium and Large) on the shelf in a local BBQ store today, and was wondering if anyone knows if they will fit a Richard Johnson made Kamado?

I also have the old clay Kamado. I repaired my firebox using refractory cement by Rutland. Just recently I finally broke down and bought a new firebox and fire ring from Imperial Kamado. They still make the clay eggs so mine was OEM. I've had my "egg" for 38 years.
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Options
    everyone is welcome here! At least you have a ceramic cooker and not gas ;)

CPB wrote:
    Good for you! We had a Komado for many years, unfortunately destroyed by a bear. If I had any opportunity to restore it I would. I am sure you can get dimensions from some one or take your into an egg dealer and see if it fits.................
    Sorry to go off subject but destroyed by a BEAR?? there is a story there! :(