Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pulled Pork Question. . .

Options
Washog
Washog Posts: 58
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have a large egg and have done several Pork Butts. Next Saturday I am having people over to watch the SEC Championship game and am doing pulled pork. My question is, do I need to figure more time for cooking two 9 lbs butts?

Comments

• Pig Sooie
    Options
    Washog,[p]So long as the meat is not touching, I have found little or no difference in the amount of time it takes to smoke 2 Boston Butts as opposed to 1. [p]Go Hogs.

• Car Wash Mike
    Options
    Washog,
    I don't think so. I've always cooked 2 at the same time and temp. My only question is, who are tailgating for? I have little or no interest, just I go the UGA-FL game every year.[p]CWM

• DrummerDawg
    Options
    Washog,[p]I did 4 6.5lb butts in the medium over thanksgiving - 26lbs. Took about 24 hours. I usually cook butts at 250 for 20 hours, but I did these at 275. I had 3 of them stacked 'vertically' in a v-rack and the 4th laying on top. Worked great. The ones on the end finished at 22hours, and the other two took a couple more hours. "Catering" a party next friday that I put up for a habitat for humanity benefit auction. This meat reheats well so I pulled it all and put it in the freezer.[p]I would have cooked these butts this weekend, but I will be at the SEC championship game.[p]GO DAWGS!!!!!!!![p]DD