Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

WHERE to buy BGE charcoal in WASH DC area

Options
Jessica H
Jessica H Posts: 2
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Barbeque Galore has closed! Does anyone know where I can guy BGE (or what you consider equivalent) charcoal in the Wash DC area?

Thanks, Jessica H.

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Mornin' Jessica.
    Seaosonal/TriCounty in Waldorf. Stroesniders in Bethesda. There is a fireplace shop in Vienna (Nicholson or Nicholas or somethin like that. Fairfax Propane. I know there are more egg dealers.

Did you try putting your zip code in??

Top of the page. http://www.biggreenegg.com/

Good luck!
    Chris
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • MJF24
    MJF24 Posts: 146
    Options
    Jessica--

The place in Vienna that Nature Boy referred to is Nicholas Chimney on Church Street. Nice people and always willing to talk about Egg cooking. Bought my Egg and accessories there, and usually buy my charcoal there too.

--Mike
  • Haggis
    Haggis Posts: 998
    Options
    In addition to those mentioned, and depending on which side of the river you're on, there's a Pool store on Rockville Pike across from Congressional that carried it a while back. Also Strosnider's in Silver Spring (as Nature Boy mentions, Bethesda has it too, but not the one in Potomac.)

End of season may make it a bit harder to find though.

Are all the BBQ Galores closed now or only selected ones? There is a store locator on their website.
  • Ar-Cee
    Ar-Cee Posts: 105
    Options
    Pitkens ACE Hardware in Dale City (Dale Blvd). New dealer (this year). Has really good price on BGE Lump + a lot of the smoking chunks. Assembled BGE Eggs in stock, a selection of accessories for BGE and way willing to get anything you want/need. Good folks. thanks rc