Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Got a eye of round roast can I cook it rare?

Options
rose
rose Posts: 37
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I bought a eye of round roast it is real lean how should I cook it? We like Medium rare but with this cut of meat do I need to cook it well done like a pot roast? What do ya'll think
Thanks Rose

Comments

• Chuck
    Chuck Posts: 812
    Options
    beep.jpg
    <p />Rose,[p]The pic is if two that I did last year. I did them indirect using a drip pan. The fire bricks were only there to raise the cooking grid for the drip pan. They were cooked at 375* to an internal temp of 130*. This gave me a medium rare finished product. It was very good, moist and like any eye roast cutting it thin made it fairly tender. With very little fat I don't think a long, slow cook til well done is a good idea. [p]I usually do a couple and food saver the leftovers for some pretty good hot beef sandwiches later. [p]Good luck.[p]Chuck <><
  • Rose,[p]I agree with Chuck. Eye Round is one of my frequent roasts. I cook indirect at 350-375 to an internal temp of 122*.[p]Pout
  • rose
    rose Posts: 37
    Options
    Chuck,
    Thanks so much I'm going to try one tonight