Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pizza Tutorial

Options
vidalia1
vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
As we know there are lots of ways to do things on our BGE. This is a step by step of how I do my pizza. I have parchment paper and a pizza peel but I no longer use them as I now have 2 AirBake pizza pans from target. They are $9.99 and I have two so we can keep the pizzas coming.

IMG_0869.jpg

We use Publix pizza dough...it needs to sit out for 2-3 hours so it can be rolled easily with a little flour underneath

IMG_0871.jpg

Lay it over the pizza pan which is sprayed with Pam

IMG_0872.jpg

Cut the crust to make a perfect 15 1/2" pie

IMG_0873.jpg

Tonights toppings...EVOO, Trader Joe's pizza sauce w extra oregano, 3 types of cheese, pepperoni, bacon & pine nuts

IMG_0881.jpg

The BGE is ready

IMG_0882.jpg

My setup...platesetter with feet down, grid & pizza stone...they have heated up for 30 minutes

IMG_0883.jpg

12 minutes later at an average of 525 dome temp...no paper, no cornmeal just straight on the pizza stone with the pizza pan

IMG_0885.jpg

now it is ready...I carry it to the kitchen and slide it right off on the granite counter top where it is cut

IMG_0890.jpg

and eaten...mmmm good & sooo easy

IMG_0891.jpg

I hope you enjoyed the tutorial because we enjoyed the pizza... :P

Comments