Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Lemon Pepper Chicken Breasts

run4jcrun4jc Posts: 107
edited 11:33PM in EggHead Forum
I really enjoyed the Lemon Pepper Wings that TRex's Dad created..

http://www.eggheadforum.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&Itemid=55&func=view&catid=1&id=476681

So I thought I'd try the recipe on chicken breasts:

72c4285f.jpg

Used vinegar, salt and sugar - brined the breasts in the mixture first then boiled them in the same mix for 10 minutes:

ceb7b6db.jpg
73f650be.jpg
26250d33.jpg
3f569c03.jpg
a080d0b3.jpg

After boiling, coated in wing sauce, salt, pepper and lots of lemon pepper

8906a9bb.jpg
d77d32a4.jpg

And here's the finished result! Not enough fat in a breast to keep the meat juicy, but it still had enough juice to be 'okay.' I should have either taken the skin off or cramked up the heat at the end and crisped it. Still, the family loved it and it was a nice change.

fe3a9bf9.jpg
IMG_1991.jpg
IMG_1993.jpg

Egg on!
·

Comments

• Looks good. I've been thinking about doing the same thing.
    ·
  • Why do you boil the checken if your going to grill it?>

That doesn't make sence to me .

Chef C
    ·
  • Why do you boil the checken if your going to grill it?>

That doesn't make sence to me .

Chef C
    ·
  • run4jcrun4jc Posts: 107
    Wasn't my recipe originally - but the boiling in the vinegar mixture adds a lot of flavor.
    ·
  • RascalRascal Posts: 3,352
    Makes cense to me!! 8 - )
    ·