Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Margarita Recipe

Options
civil eggineer
civil eggineer Posts: 1,547
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I wanted to share this recipe with my fellow eggers. It is very good and helps me cope with an imperfect world:

Dissolve 1 1/3 TBS sugar in 1/3 cup of water. Add 1 TBS lemon juice and 1 TBS lime juice. Stir in 1.5 ounces Tequila and 3/4 ounce of Triple Sec. Enjoy!

P.S. You may double the alcohol if you need to get to a happy place a little faster. Enjoy! ;)

Comments

• gwopy
    gwopy Posts: 29
    Options
    Good recipe, but I typically heat the sugar-water to boiling and let it chill. Gives a more even sweetness.

I advise experimenting with both methods several times.
  • Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    My last recollection of the sixth attempt at making the perfect margarita was to unscrew top of tequila bottle and drink liberally. den waked up sumwhare strang wiff a veery loude head acke.

Spring "Margarita Engineer" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,897
    Options
    back in March '07 I found myself with an unexpected amount of undrunk Corona Extra - which at the time I had not acquired a taste for..yet...
    Well I got on this board and asked if there were any uses. I got this recipe from BurntRaw and he's right this makes kick butt Margaritas!

1 normal size can of limeade
    3/4 limeade can with best tequila you can afford
    1/4 limeade can of Grand Marnier
    1 bottle Corona Extra
    1 bottle 7Up
    1 lime

mix and serve in salted glass on the rocks with lime
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.