Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

On-Line Warranty Registration?

Options
Skids
Skids Posts: 32
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I picked up my first Egg (LGE)on Saturday. I noticed the green warranty card in the operating manual and understand it's paramount to get that card mailed in. I'm good for following orders (27 years Active Duty and still going...besides, my wife isn't shy about giving direction either), but I was wondering if I couldn't do it on-line. Am I missing the link (that's computer link, not sausage link)?

OK, since I'm asking questions, what's the difference between "reply" and "quote" on the Forum?

Future questions will be restricted to operation of the Egg and recipes...at least I hope to restrict my questions to those two areas.

Thanks for the help.
Skids

Comments

• Semolina Pilchard
    Options
    There is no online registration that I am aware of, only snail mail. Also, make sure to hold on to the receipt. Previous posters on here have said that they have used the receipt when they needed warranteed replacement parts. Have you fired that puppy up yet?
  • Skids
    Skids Posts: 32
    Options
    Copy that. I'll have that little green piece of paper in the mail tomorrow and I've put the receipt in a "safe place" (hopefully I'll remember where that is).

Friday is the big day for the inaugural slow cook (I understand I need 8-10 slows before I can get to those ribeyes...otherwise the seal melts). I can't express how difficult it has been for me not to take a day of leave so I could fire her up. I've got plans for ribs and chicken this weekend. I'll have to check on the recommended temps for fish and pizza. If they fall below the "pre-cured seal temps" then I'm good; otherwise it's more ribs and chicken.

Skids
  • PhilsGrill
    PhilsGrill Posts: 2,256
    Options
    Slow cooks are fine, as long as you assembled the egg with a good tight seal all the way around, high temp cooks are fine.
  • Broc
    Broc Posts: 1,398
    Options
    The "break-in" period for gaskets is a highly debated issue. Some claim it's a must, others say, no.

I knew nothing about a break-in period... and over time, my old, felt gaskets become ultimately fried to crust. Now, I just really don't worry about it...

Gasketless in Iowa... and doing fine!

;)B):)
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options
    Follow PhilsGril advice, check that seal between the dome and base.

Then just to be safe keep it under 500° dome, you can cook most anything at that temo.

Broc here, is our pork tenderloin King. He cooks for a lot of people (150 people at a time) on his trusty medium.

Hello Broc,

Kent
  • Old Salt
    Old Salt Posts: 357
    Options
    Reply is when you throw your 2 cents in a post.
    Quote is a direct reply to one certain poster.
  • Ar-Cee
    Ar-Cee Posts: 105
    Options
    Old Salt wrote:
    Reply is when you throw your 2 cents in a post.
    Quote is a direct reply to one certain poster.

I wondered what quote was for... thanks :laugh: rc