Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Texas Eggfest!!!!

Options
sgtsteelydan
sgtsteelydan Posts: 10
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hello Fellow Texan Eggers! Am I mistaken or is there no type of eggfest in Texas. If so, I am shocked!!! I live in North Richland Hills, basically between Fort Worth and Dallas. I am curious in seeing what the interest level is for possibly getting together some local DFW or regional eggers together. Drop me a line and please let me know what ya'll think?

Comments

• mattm
    mattm Posts: 56
    Options
    There was an Eggfest in May I think. It was down in Austin. I would assume it is an annual thing.

I also live in the DFW area and I would be interested in something local/regional.
  • Beanie-Bean
    Beanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
    Options
    Hey guys,

The next one is in late April/early May next year. The 2008 Eggfest was at The Oasis on Lake Travis here in Austin. Here's a link to some pics:

http://www.texas-eggfest.com/Eggfest2008/

I'm in one of the pics next to Spring Chicken...:)
  • Ike Witt
    Ike Witt Posts: 195
    Options
    Mike,

who sponsers the eggfest here ?

allen
  • Beanie-Bean
    Beanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
    Options
    Allen,

BBQ Outfitters (The Ozark Oak suppliers...) are the sponsors. The cover was $25/person last year, and there were plenty of eggs to cook with, as well as a BGE rep onsite to answer questions and sell accessories.

I'll be cooking at the next one...
  • SMITTYtheSMOKER
    SMITTYtheSMOKER Posts: 2,668
    Options
    Texas Eggfest is one of the longest running Eggfest we have. Stick around read the forum.

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• bmlove
    bmlove Posts: 56
    Options
    Beanie-Bean,

This year's eggfest in Austin was on Mother's day weekend...bad timeing...hope it won't be that weekend next year. I'm New to Austin (10 months) and the egg (only 3 weeks) but thinking about cooking in next years Eggfest so I can get me a medium or small egg. Plus, taste/sample all the good eats and share one of two of mine I hope to have by then. Trying to get my oldest son from ATlanta to come down and join me (he's down to 3 eggs now). Would be a great time.

bmlove, SW Austin
  • thillin
    thillin Posts: 33
    Options
    TJV made a good point when we talked one day. It's a easier drive to Oklahoma Eggfest than down to Austin.
  • Fencewire
    Fencewire Posts: 34
    Options
    Hello from Dallas, been an egger for 4 months. It's great.

Hopefully can make it down for eggfest next year. Maybe we need to have a Dallas area egg weekend somewhere.
  • Austin Smoker
    Austin Smoker Posts: 1,467
    Options
    I recall being at BBQ Outfitters recently and the fine folks there told me the date for 2009 would be in April...which will not only avoid the Mothers' Day conlict, but it also less likely to include ambient temperatures approaching Hades! It was a blast despite the heat.

As for our bretheren in the DFW area, it may very well be closer to drive to Oklahoma, but give me the Hill Country over the vistas of OK anytime. :laugh:

bmlove wrote:
    Beanie-Bean,

This year's eggfest in Austin was on Mother's day weekend...bad timeing...hope it won't be that weekend next year. I'm New to Austin (10 months) and the egg (only 3 weeks) but thinking about cooking in next years Eggfest so I can get me a medium or small egg. Plus, taste/sample all the good eats and share one of two of mine I hope to have by then. Trying to get my oldest son from ATlanta to come down and join me (he's down to 3 eggs now). Would be a great time.

bmlove, SW Austin
  • sgtsteelydan
    Options
    Very cool feedback guys thanks. However my original question still stands. What is the interest level of some us in the Dallas Fort Worth and surrounding areas getting together to forum our own Fest. Just by doing some math with the help of a buddy of mine we came up with this. My friend Jr. that sold me my egg and works at bbq galore told me that in a normal month he can sell up to 45 eggs. Thats in 1 store! There are 5 locations in DFW alone that would mean there are thousands of egg owners! More then enough to have are own local party.

So what say U Local DFW and Area Eggers?
  • SunnylandPatio
    Options
    FIND OUT MORE AT EGGFESTDALLAS.COM

Join us at Sunnyland Patio Furniture on Saturday, November 10th for the Turkey Time EggFest. The folks at Big Green Egg and local egg enthusiasts, will be grilling, roasting, smoking and baking their favorite dishes for Thanksgiving and offering a variety of items for you to judge! Enjoy cooking demonstrations from the "Eggsperts".

We'll have unbelievable pricing on Big Green Eggs demo units, additional savings on all BGE accessories, and our Turkey Time Marketplace featuring everything you need for your Big Green Egg and your Thanksgiving feast. 

BE AN EGGHEAD COOK
    We would love to have YOU cook at our Big Green Eggfest 2018! Whether you are a seasoned Egghead or you are new to cooking on the BGE this event is the perfect opportunity to share your favorite recipes and show off your skills!

By registering to participate in the 2018 Dallas Eggfest as a cook, you will get to share in the comradery of the Eggheads and be afforded special privileges during the event including our best discounts on Big Green Egg products and fun giveaways and prizes. For more information and to sign up, please click here. 

For more info, please email eggfest18@sunnylandfurniture.com.

FACEBOOK PAGE:
    https://www.facebook.com/events/885621308309291/