Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Letter From WalMart

Options
Grandpas Grub
Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
After I retired, my wife insisted that I accompany her on her trips to Wal-Mart. Unfortunately, like most men, I found shopping boring and preferred to get in and get out. Equally unfortunately, my wife is like most women - - she loved to browse. Yesterday my dear wife received the following letter from the local Wal-Mart.

Dear Mrs. Samsel,

Over the past six months, your husband has been causing quite a commotion in our store. We cannot tolerate this behavior and have been forced to ban both of you from the store. Our complaints against Mr. Samsel are listed below and are documented by our video surveillance cameras.

1. June 15: Took 24 boxes of condoms and randomly put them in people's carts when they weren't looking.

2 . July 2 : Set all the alarm clocks in Housewares to go off at 5-minute intervals.

3. July 19: Walked up to an employee and told her in an official voice, 'Code 3 in Housewares. Get on it right away.'

4. August 4: Went to the Service Desk and tried to put a bag of M&M's on layaway.

5. August 14: Moved a 'CAUTION - WET FLOOR' sign to a carpeted area.

6. August 15: Set up a tent in the camping department and told other shoppers he'd invite them in if they would bring pillows and blankets from the bedding department.

7. August 23: When a clerk asked if they could help him he began crying and screamed, 'Why can't you people just leave me alone?'

8. September 4: Looked right into the security camera and used it as a mirror while he picked his nose.

9. September 10: While handling guns in the hunting department, he asked the clerk where the antidepressants were.

10. October 3: Darted around the store suspiciously while loudly humming the 'Mission Impossible' theme.

11. October 6: In the auto department, he practiced his 'Madonna look' by using different sizes of funnels.

12. October 18: Hid in a clothing rack and when people browsed through, yelled 'PICK ME! PICK ME!'

13. October 21: When an announcement came over the loud speaker, he assumed a fetal position and screamed 'OH NO! IT'S THOSE VOICES AGAIN!'

14. October 23: Went into a fitting room, shut the door, waited awhile, then yelled very loudly, 'Hey! There's no toilet paper in here!'

Regards,

Tom Richards
Wal-Mart Manager

Comments

• Smokey
    Smokey Posts: 2,468
    Options
    :laugh:
    One of the best reads in a while!

People at work keep looking this way and wonder why I'm laughing!
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    that was funny had not seen that one in awhile here is another for you::

Purina Diet

This sounds like it could be one of us telling this story.Larry

1 Purina Diet
    2 I was in Wal-Mart buying a large bag of Purina for my cat and was in line to check out. A woman behind me asked if I had a cat........ Duh! I was feeling a bit crabby so on impulse, I told her no, I was starting The Purina Diet again, although I probably shouldn't because I'd ended up in the hospital last time, but that I'd lost 50 pounds before I awakened in an intensive care unit with tubes coming out of most of my orifices and IV's in both arms.
    3 Her eyes about bugged out of her head. I went on and on with the bogus diet story and she was totally buying it. I told her that it was an easy, inexpensive diet and that the way it works is to load your pockets or purse with Purina nuggets and simply eat one or two every time you feel hungry. The package said the food is nutritionally complete so I was going to try it again.
    4 I have to mention here that practically everyone in the line was by now enthralled with my story, particularly a tall guy behind her. Horrified, she asked if something in the cat food had poisoned me and was that why I ended up in the hospital.
    5 I said no....I'd been sitting in the street licking my butt when a car hit me. I thought the tall guy was going to have to be carried out the door.

Recipe Type
    Humor

Recipe Source
    Source: BGE Forum, YB, 01/19/07

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    ROTFLMAO!!!! ....very funny. ...

true story here. ..i forgot one day and wore a bright red golf shirt to target....so many people started asking me questions, thinking that i was a target employee (remember, they all wear red shirts there), that i started answering them like i knew what i was talking about. . .of course, i sent most of them off in the totally wrong direction. . .sure had fun doing it though. ... :evil:
  • Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    Why do I picture every 'start of shift employee meeting' closing with, "...and don't forget to be on the lookout for Mr. Samsel." LOL

Spring "Would NEVER Do Something Like That" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • Grandpas Grub
    Options
    True story.

In the late 60’s I was 19 I had to go on active duty for a 4 week training. The guys were together talking. One of the guys was getting married and one thing led to another. I mentioned while on active duty I could get all kinds of things really cheap at the PX (post exchange). Well, as it turned out, the popular item that time was condoms.

I had no idea how much they would cost so everyone tossed in 5 bucks each and said get what you can. There were 4 buddies so $20 – I didn’t want any. Got to the PX and saw the price and wasn’t quite sure what to do.

I didn’t realize those things were so cheap for the army guys. Well , as it turned out the shopping card was completely full of condoms. I got to the checkout, in line. There were two ladies behind me.

The clerk began to ring these up, one box at a time. About ¾ the way through the cart I heard one lady say to another lady, ‘My Gawd Martha, what is he going to do’.

GG
  • Buckdodger
    Buckdodger Posts: 957
    Options
    Way to go GG...you made my day.
    Bob
    Alex City,Al

Opelika, Alabama
  • YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
    Now that's funny...Thanks for the laugh.
    Larry
  • JLOCKHART29
    JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Options
    Got graveyards tonight. That was a good laugh to start my "day" off!! Thanks ;)
  • Cpt'n Cook
    Cpt'n Cook Posts: 1,917
    Options
    Same thing happened to me in my "Walmart Blue" shirt. I didn't realize at first why all these people were asking me for advice. I just thought I must look like the world's foremost authority. AKA Prof. Irwin Corey.
  • DynaGreaseball
    DynaGreaseball Posts: 1,409
    Options
    You mean that wasn't really Madonna?

Thanks for the laugh.
  • Grandpas Grub
    Options
    Thats a scary mental picture.

GG
  • East Bay Al
    East Bay Al Posts: 101