Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Gotta Potta Chili On,

fieroguyfieroguy Posts: 777
edited 6:18AM in EggHead Forum
and it's a little hot (flavorwise). Is there anything I can add to it to cool it down. Fugettabout ice, wise guys...

Thanks for any help - gotta go get a coupla pork steaks for suppa. I'll check back in an hour or so and I hope to find a solution to my problem.

Mike
Wrens, GA
·

Comments

• BacchusBacchus Posts: 6,019
    Sugar will help balance the overall flavor making it more tolerable if too hot, but it wont actually reduce the heat.
    ·
  • bubba timbubba tim Posts: 3,216
    to cut the capsain heat try sugar or honey.
    SEE YOU IN FLORIDA, March 14th and 15th 2014 http://www.sunshinestateeggfest.com You must master temp, smoke, and time to achive moisture, taste, and texture! Visit www.bubbatim.com for BRISKET HELP
    ·
  • Grandpas GrubGrandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Try, milk, yogurt or cheese.

GG
    ·
  • BENTEBENTE Posts: 8,337
    try adding a spoonful of sour cream to each bowl!!!

capasaisan will "cool" with milk products... and sour cream is great in chili... also to fool some try a little chees !!!!

B.T.W. it is good to see you with your name beside the topic instead of always in the reply section.... i was begining to think you knew it all :woohoo: :laugh: :lol:

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

·
  • BamaFanBamaFan Posts: 658
    I would make a second batch without the spice and combine the two. Should have plenty to put up for future eats. ;)
    ·
  • Ross in VenturaRoss in Ventura Posts: 6,722
    Try some sugar .
    Ross
    ·
  • TuckTuck Posts: 54
    Try beer. IIRC, Caspacin(sp?) is alcohol soluble.
    ·