Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for football and tailgating? We are! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. If you need an easy breakfast recipe, these Sticky Buns are the way to go. If you’re looking for a fan favorite with bacon, try these Double Pork Sliders. We can’t wait to kick off another fall full of tasty food!

Coming to Atlanta for EGGtoberfest? Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340 - NOTE we are CLOSED on Saturday OCT 10th for EGGtoberfest.

Gotta Potta Chili On,

fieroguyfieroguy Posts: 777
edited 11:04AM in EggHead Forum
and it's a little hot (flavorwise). Is there anything I can add to it to cool it down. Fugettabout ice, wise guys...

Thanks for any help - gotta go get a coupla pork steaks for suppa. I'll check back in an hour or so and I hope to find a solution to my problem.

Wrens, GA

• BacchusBacchus Posts: 6,019
    Sugar will help balance the overall flavor making it more tolerable if too hot, but it wont actually reduce the heat.
  • bubba timbubba tim Posts: 3,216
    to cut the capsain heat try sugar or honey.
    SEE YOU IN FLORIDA, March 14th and 15th 2014 You must master temp, smoke, and time to achive moisture, taste, and texture! Visit for BRISKET HELP
  • Grandpas GrubGrandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Try, milk, yogurt or cheese.

• BENTEBENTE Posts: 8,337
    try adding a spoonful of sour cream to each bowl!!!

capasaisan will "cool" with milk products... and sour cream is great in chili... also to fool some try a little chees !!!!

B.T.W. it is good to see you with your name beside the topic instead of always in the reply section.... i was begining to think you knew it all :woohoo: :laugh: :lol:

happy eggin

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• BamaFanBamaFan Posts: 658
    I would make a second batch without the spice and combine the two. Should have plenty to put up for future eats. ;)
  • Ross in VenturaRoss in Ventura Posts: 6,938
    Try some sugar .
  • TuckTuck Posts: 54
    Try beer. IIRC, Caspacin(sp?) is alcohol soluble.