Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Salsa

Options
MickeyT
MickeyT Posts: 607
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
101-0172_IMG.JPG
<p />Hey ya'll[p]Just got done grillin some peppers and cherry tomatoes from the garden with some fresh garlic and onion. The picture is the result of that. I will taste it again tomorrow as my taste buds are beyond repair at the moment. I still have 4 in bone chops to do tonight as well, and I would love to taste the sprinklin of "Dizzy Dust" I gave em'[p]Not sure if smoking the peppers before I add the rest of the ingredients and whack it in the blender is a good call or not.[p]Let ya know tomorrow.[p]Good thing I'm typing and not talking. Kinda got that puffy tongue thing.[p]18 hot peppers,onions,tomatoes,bell peppers,garlic and banana peppers might do that to ya.[p]Mick

Comments

• Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Options
    MickeyT,
    And May I Ask, Is that All that is making your tongue feel like that??? ÜÜÜ
    Cheers,
    New Bob

• WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Options
    MickeyT,[p]With your description and photo you've inspired me to smoke 2 lbs. of grape tomatoes and two onions for tomorrow's guacamole.... which actually means I'll be eating it Wednesday.
    Let us know if your tastebuds recover.... I plan on using poblanos, jalapeno and cayenne for da heat on mine.[p]"Not sure if smoking the peppers before I add the rest of the ingredients and whack it in the blender is a good call or not."
    Yes, it is a good call! Smoke on any pepper is a good thing! I'd like to hear how it all turns out.[p]Caca fuego,[p]WD

• Rib-Rob
    Rib-Rob Posts: 66
    Options
    MickeyT,
    Jeez! Do I have to do ALL the thinking around here? You are NOT supposed to suck the salsa through a straw!

• QBabe
    QBabe Posts: 2,275
    Options
    MickeyT,[p]I smoked some cayennes a week or so ago, and they turned out GREAT! One of the best things to do to a pepper, any kind of pepper, IMHO. Your salsa sounds like it will be great. Let us know when you have recovered from the puffy tongue thing and can tell us how it tasted![p]QBabe
    :-)