Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Should you brine a Turkey breast before smoking it?

Options
Franco
Franco Posts: 88
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
If so, help me understand what the mixture is for brine and how long do you do it for?[p]Thanks, Frank

Comments

• The Naked Whiz
    Options
    Franco,
    Funny, I just finished my post on brining chicken. I haven't brined a turkey breast, but I think I would do it. I plan to brine my next couple of breasts. Below is a good page on brining.[p]TNW

[ul][li]The Virtual Weber Bullet page on brining[/ul]
    The Naked Whiz
  • sdbelt
    sdbelt Posts: 267
    Options
    Franco,[p]Yes, you should brine your turkey breasts. All of my best tasting turkeys have been brined.[p]I use the recipe from Alton Brown on the food channel. Here's a link to his.[p]--sdb
    [ul][li]Brined Turkey[/ul]
  • Ksdaddio
    Ksdaddio Posts: 32
    Options
    Franco,
    I have done turkeys both ways, and the brined way is outstanding, even though the normal way was fine too! You might say that there is no bad way on the EGG, but brining is definitely the way to go. It adds even more flavor if you can believe that. I used a brine that Emiril used on his show, and got the recipe off of the Food net Web site.